P-pumped 24V Chevy PICS

12valve

Diesel Boy
Hey everyone, this is the first time i saw there is P pump section on here...

Well Im not new to Ppumps, anyway i went to the local shop the other day and saw they where building a 97 chevy with a 24 cummins with a p pump on it. There have been many many conversions of this type in my area i could probably think of 10 right away.
One guy has a chevy like that with a fully functional CR in it, his brother has a Ppumped CR in a chevy...
They also used Ppumped 24vs to pump water at wells with no electricity access...

so, here are a couple of pics,
They bent the OEM 24 lines to fit onto the Ppump
MAchined the OEM 24 timing cover to accept the pump
No intercooler (its a chevy)
Itll have a manual tranny

Attachments

• SP_A0215.jpg
    SP_A0215.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 281
  • SP_A0216.jpg
    SP_A0216.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 242
I was under the impression that there want enough meat on the VP timing cover to machine to p-pump specs.

I've seen a machined cover, but its a while ago, and im not sure how it was, but ive been told that, IIRC there was something installed in the cover with the studs to hold the pump (something like a big ring) id have to look it up

i no this is completly off the subject but can u get some more pics and info in the chevy to cummins conversion i am in the process of doing one my self i have a 97 chevy it had a 6.5 in it i put a treight axle under it and a cross over steering and i had to buy a specal pitmment arm just to be able to get the hood closed with very little clearences between the valve cover and the hood and i seen he has his intake going over the valve cover any little tid bit can help thanks