P006A

mikehalseyjr

Ride the Elephant
I searched for this on the sticky, but didnt see it. It popped up yesterday afternoon. Anyone know what it means?

Thanks.

your missing a number. i believe it is a generic non manufactuer specific powertrain code but need more numbers to tell. i dont know of any that end in a letter.

Courtesy of Ford of course.

Some 2003-2004 F-Super Duty and Excursion vehicles equipped with the 6.0L engine built on or before 9/29/2003 may experience a P006A or P132B Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) with a lack of power condition, surge, or turbocharger flutter after performing Field Service Action (FSA) 06E17, or after recalibrating the vehicle with the inferred Exhaust Pressure (EP) strategy.

The P006a is used to say that while trying to infer ep, the map and maf didn't correlate. p132b is used to say that the turbo didn't produce the estimated changes in map and maf while being run through it cycle. They both can be caused by aftermarket equipment. Hope that helps

The problem is in the low end of the maf transfer function when an aftermarket intake is installed.

It came on Thursday, went off Friday. So I guess I am good to go, thanks guys.

Has not been reflashed since July 07.

Have not serviced the filter since Dec 07.

i bought a K&N FIPK2 back in 04 when I first got my truck...i used it for about 2000 miles and went back to stock...it was sitting in the box up until last weekend when we went to Phoenix for an NHRDA race...i figured since i have it, i'll try it for the weekend..

i threw that P0006A 3 times on the way there and back...i've never had that code come up before...put the stock system back on and no code...

the K&N system looks good....:nail:

PIC-0198.jpg

my truck doesn't like it though...

i have the EATC and there's an outside air temp sensor in the zoodad mod location(i don't have zoodad)...i have a scan guage II and can read intake air temp with it...with the stock system there is about a 10-15* temp difference..the K&N is about 15-20* difference...