P2691 cylinder 6 injector data incompatible

Smoke_seeker_ev

had to get a new ecm for my truck and ever since i keep getting a
code P2691 cylinder 6 injector data incompatible.

truck still runs fine and i can clear the code and the CEL stays off, but when i restart the truck it comes back on.

2012 6.7
mini maxx

any ideas?

thanks

What caused the need for the new ecm? Sounds like it isn't recognizing the injector coding.

Swap an injector and see if the code follows it? Haven't done one yet on my 6.7, but it would only cost you time. If it doesn't follow, it could be the harness or new ECM or just a bad connection from when the new ECM was plugged in. Have you unplugged it and re-plugged it yet just to make sure there isn't a contact dirty or not seated? Just ideas.

my ignition modem shorted out causing the ecm to short out is what the dealer said. i have a sneaky suspicion the the truck was actually in the area of a lighting strike. that caused all this to happen because it happened over night when the key wasn't in the ignition. ???? idk bad deal i'm just trying to get my truck back running right.

yea i checked connection, the trouble code actually won't let my mini maxx re-install so i moved my ecm to another 6.7, downloaded the tune, then reinstalled it on my truck to get it running.

Injector coding isn't being recognized.... I think. Which is weird if they installed the ecm and programmed it.

i think i might take it back over to the dealer and see if the ecm is the problem still. you agree?

they might not have noticed the injector problem since it had all the emissions warnings on until i could get the tune installed again.

Take it back to the dealer. May just need to be reprogrammed again. I wouldnt suspect something wrong with ecm plug or wiring due to the fact that you said it runs fine. Could have f'ed up coding it.

I would bet they didnt enter the new code. If this is the case I would have them change the current code with the new one.