P7100 Internals

Cam73

Hey guys,
Looking to read up on the internal workings of the p7100. I've searched and came across a thread or two but was wondering if anyone had some links to help a guy understand the operation of the "stupid" pump. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Ps- what is the technical name for the plug on the side of the pump by the gov. spring plug w/ the pin that gets pulled and reversed to lock the pump?

Hey guys,
Looking to read up on the internal workings of the p7100. I've searched and came across a thread or two but was wondering if anyone had some links to help a guy understand the operation of the "stupid" pump. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Ps- what is the technical name for the plug on the side of the pump by the gov. spring plug w/ the pin that gets pulled and reversed to lock the pump?

Capsule or just timing pin plug.

Hey guys,

try this, good info here:
Bosch P7100 pump information (collected) - Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together

Wasn't trying to beat a dead horse, been through there a few times. There is one thread by turboman1 that is very good reading but stopped along with having content removed. Most interested in how the gov springs effect the position and movement of the gov arm. I keep hearing words like smoke brake and fulcrum, looking for a better understanding of it all. Thanks