P7100 max tilt angle?

AsTroSS

problems start @80 psi
Normally the Bosch inline fuel pumps are mounted staight, but in Cummins B -series they are tilted .

For my top secret Cummins project I need more space between head and fuel pump. One way to get it is to tilt the pump up to 45degrees.

Will the P7100 survive tilted to 45 degrees one side?

:pop:

Any input will be welcome.

..... one option is also belt driven P7100 :evil

It will be fine, Just think the Chrysler slant 6 lived...:hehe:

don't think it would matter much. You can see where the normal oil return is on the front of the pump behind the gear, rotate the pump to the position you want to run it and see how much it changed (I don't think it would affect oil level much).

don't think it would matter much. You can see where the normal oil return is on the front of the pump behind the gear, rotate the pump to the position you want to run it and see how much it changed (I don't think it would affect oil level much).

x2

The opening on the front pump pilot is open the full diameter around the nose of the cam so it shouldn't really change the oil level held in the pump. The only thing that may be problematic is the inspection plug on the governor cover...it uses a paper gasket and it may need some silicon or other type of sealant, but I seriously doubt it would be a problem.

Back