p7100 question

kleann

VP44 pwr
Just out of curiosity, if the rack sticks wide open while the engine is running will the fuel shut off(on a cable, not solenoid) lever have enough force to return the rack back?

Figured that was the case, but figured I'd ask just to make sure. Thanks

Just out of curiosity, if the rack sticks wide open while the engine is running will the fuel shut off(on a cable, not solenoid) lever have enough force to return the rack back?

I asked this question to both Scheid and CDS a few years ago and they both said no it will not

I asked this question to both Scheid and CDS a few years ago and they both said no it will not

With all the people running dump valves I figured there was a good reason. I think I'm going to just do a ball shutoff valve instead of a dump valve, because I don't have a high pressure mechanical supply pump, just an electric and can shut power to that as well.

We had two pumps run away on us last year and destroy two blocks. The fuel shutoff will not shut em down. We narrowed the pumps running away down to the supply pump not keeping up and burning the barrels up and sticking.

Murphy41 - what size of ppump and what type of supply pump , just curious because I am putting a 13mm on my puller and did not think to upgrade the supply pump for now.

13mm RSV Gov, set about 650cc and was running an AD 200gph. To be honest, we simply overlooked the fact it still had an AD on it.

Too small lines, nozzles, dvholders, injector bodies + hi rpm will stick it as quick or quicker than short fuel supply.

^this is what many people say, yet I've been running my 94 with a 230fass, stock lines, holders, 191's and a single feed inlet for over a year with no issues. 80 psi of inlet pressure reading off the allen plug port on the front of the pump, never dips under 70psi.

granted I rarely spin over 4500rpm.

when the 12mm plungers in my 160 stuck, the shutoff didn't do a thing, until the plunger unstuck.

Last edited:
We had two pumps run away on us last year and destroy two blocks. The fuel shutoff will not shut em down. We narrowed the pumps running away down to the supply pump not keeping up and burning the barrels up and sticking.

Talking about the stock fuel lever right? Did you not have a dump valve on it?

Too small lines, nozzles, dvholders, injector bodies + hi rpm will stick it as quick or quicker than short fuel supply.

.120 Lines, .120 crossover tubes, .120 DV Holders and large feed bodies on this one.

Talking about the stock fuel lever right? Did you not have a dump valve on it?

At the time using an AD it didn't have a dump. Now running the Aeromotive belt driven pump there is a dump plummed.

Thanks Hales, I didn't get a chance to ask Kort what the supply pressure was. Although I thought they had shimmed the spring or used the 40psi AD spring. I couldn't remember those details.

I had one stick in closed position when I let off the throttle. I pulled the cover off the gov housing and I couldn't move it buy prying with a 8" screwdriver.

Damn didn't realize they got that stuck. At least yours wasn't stuck open.

One more question I forgot to ask; did you have an air shut off?

Yes it had an air shut off. Gained 10lbs of boost when he shut the latch.

Back