PA Meet n' Greet; Bloomsburg - Jan 19th

Duhh Greg! I hope your truck's performance is more impressive than yours!!:poke:

(There, not only are the Ford guys giving you crap about your project, a Dodge guy is now too!!):hehe: :evil

This meet is strictly just an excuse to get out of the house and shake off some winter cobwebs. Come out, talk diesel and have some decent food with one another. Here's my paragraph from CumminsForum that initiated this..

"Well, fellow PA'ers winter boredom is here and we are right in the middle of this slump between the peaks of summertime.. drag racing, sled pulling, dyno competition, trucks shows, etc... I'd like to take the honor of getting word out to try to organize a meet much like last year. Last year, we met at the Mechanicsburg Hooters on Jan. 20th"
unquote

Hmmm..
Greg having a "Ford" moment:poke: *bdh*

One may never know who all might slip in from the South either....Andy

Now, if i were to suggest that we convoy to the "gentlemen's club" down the road afterwards.. We'd be taking imminant domain over the whole mall property..:hehe: You'd be very sure to have off that Saturday!!

But, I envisioned that this being a little more familiy oriented would possibly draw more folks to show.

nick17847 said:
Now, if i were to suggest that we convoy to the "gentlemen's club" down the road afterwards...

AAHHH Good old Mustang sally's
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Nick it seems everyone has work on sat. what about sunday???

Michael

I don't have a problem with sundays.. But a little too late now to change this event.

..But down the road, I'll favor making it a Sunday event.. I know Hammer is always tied up with work too.

PS, your avatar.. Is that Carlisle, last year???

nick17847 said:
PS, your avatar.. Is that Carlisle, last year???

Yes That pic is from the "dust bowl pull" LOL

No prob about the date, ill see if i could make it.

Michael

The dust was the #1 clue, Mike! lol

Mojo was kind enough to pass this news onto TDR, so i assume that most of you guys have read it. But, just in case you bump into any of your other TDR neighbors locally.. give them a friendly reminder about this. Like DTroy, HighMlileage94, your brother and 6BT-Dakota. I'd bet that if ttbrid is free, he'd be likely to show too. Thanks!!

Well, Saturday will be here before we know it and I thought it'd be nice to give everyone a friendly reminder for the meet n' greet, This Saturday (19th), 2 PM at QSL of Bloomsburg. Found right in the ring that circles the Columbia Mall, exit 232 (Buckhorn) off I-80.

Our little touch of winter weather here should be cleared off and gone, but it will be chilly! Sunday will be worse, we're lucky that this isn't happening then. Bring a good coat, you never know what interesting things you may find parked here for this.. Wouldn't hurt to bring a camera either.

I did give the restaurant a call last Fri to see if they took reservations, they don't. ..I wasn't sure. But at 2 PM they shouldn't have any trouble accommodating us. I like DMAXcountry's thinking on this... he said "so what, we'll just smoke 'em out!!"..:hehe: From the input I've gathered so far on this, I'd expect about 20 members to show.. You never know who may just step in too.. the quiet ones that are unsure.

For any stragglers that would happen to show up late, just tell the hostess you are looking for the "Diesel Table". Finding the group of trucks in the parking lot shouldn't be much of a problem. I know a diesel-head like myself can see features like these from a mile away... custom graphics/stickers/banners, stacks/large exhaust, etc.. :thankyou2:

See everybody Saturday, shake off your winter cobwebs and bring your appetite and maybe a story or two..

nick17847 said:
For any stragglers that would happen to show up late, just tell the hostess you are looking for the "Diesel Table". Finding the group of trucks in the parking lot shouldn't be much of a problem. I know a diesel-head like myself can see features like these from a mile away... custom graphics/stickers/banners, stacks/large exhaust, etc.. :thankyou2:
Ya That would be Ron And I:bang I hope you guys dont eat fast:hehe:

Michael

Smoken5.7 and I will be sure to be gone before whin.. I mean Mikey shows.:shake:

Thanks to all that came out!!

It was a little chilly, as expected.. but I'd like to personally thank each one who made it out to this little winter get-together. Putting some faces with names, putting actual rides with users, sharing stories, etc.. It was good! :thankyou2:

Hammer had noticed and mentioned about Weds nights being "truck night" there.. and thought maybe we should try this again sometime when it warms up. I know it's a work night and all.. but, I'd be for it.. Of course, Bloom is only like 25 mins for me.. :bigsmile: Warm weather means you can hang out in the parking lot and shoot the breeze a little more comfortably..

Hammer has pics also.. I'm sure he'll chime in and provide a link when he gets them uploaded.

I noticed a little 3rd party attention while there.. when we were heading in, the restaurant manager was yelling something about a Dodge Ram club.. And before we left, the family in the jacked-up white Superduty w/ purple flames all came flocking over. ..I think it was the youngest of the bunch that was running and pointing, leading the pack! By that time, a few of us had fired up our engines.

And if anyone noticed, I did have some unexpected company there.. What a coincidence! They were my two older sisters and my two nieces. They were all headed home after a trip up to Wilkes-Barre to see "Disney on Ice". They said they were going to swing into Charlie Browns.. but something led them to QSL instead.. I still can't believe it.

A good time was had by all and even though it was cold it was worth the trip.Sorry it took me so long to get back here but I took a scenic route to just clear my head some and visit an old friend.The trucks were amazing and the newest "Fummins" member was a nice ride to look over.I also had quite a chuckle when the Lifted Flamed Ford slipped in and the kids were running over to the trucks followed by the parents.The meal and company was great but that was what made my day.

Here are the photos which I took and I need tog et a better camera for those not so bright days,but,it did ok.Here is the link to them for you all to look through and I'd be up for a Wednesday night invasion for their "truck" night,I'd bet it would be a real dandy.........Andy

http://picasaweb.google.com/12vFlameRedRam/2008QuakerSteakLubeMeetNGreet

Well here is a new GPS device for those who are "budget minded" yet feel the need to travel.Its called "SleddyPS" and as you can see it works wonderfully.There is only one minor little glitch with it though,for some reason you have to figure out how to have the "SleddyPS" maintain its awake status.It seems as soon as its mounted in the co pilots seat and the ignition key is turned to the start position the "SleddyPS" immediately falls asleep and begins to snore..........Andy

P.S.-It also has a problem with reading the maps upside down.

Attachments

• M & G 2008 039a.jpg
    M & G 2008 039a.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 9