Parting or sell whole 97 2500 $6,500

pic_jon

$5 Fine For Whinin'
$2,000 New S475/91/1.1 & HE351CW Compounds (most parts came from Source Auto)
New Vulvan performance silicone coupler kit (part of compounds)
$1,000 913 pump by Seth (4k's, 181's no plate) has not been used yet
$700 New VALAIR DD Clutch disks (full face disks). Also comes with corresponding (and light used) flywheel, pressure plate and starter spacer.
New Allen Head head bolts (HD head bolts from mighty diesel)
New Cummins .020 head gasket
New cummins valve seals (head was decked at machine shop as well)
New PAC brake 4gsk & 60lb valve springs
New Injectors from Will T. - 7x11's
$200 New ride rite air bag kit
$200 New Bilstein shocks
$400 New Jaime's Traction Bars
New headliner
New rubberized floor and jute
Following gaskets are new:
Oil pan, tappet cover, valve covers, front and rear main, timing case and tin cover.
New idler arm, pitman arm
New front pads, rotors & calipers

-The truck is primered gray 2wd 2500 with Dana 80, one leaf spring was removed from leaf pack. $6,500 for everything

Obviously I'd like to sell it as a whole before parting.

Does not come with NV4500 because I sold it and the driveshaft.
Current has a 47RH and converter, both of which are stock. $450
Truck has 3rd gen wheels and michelins in great condition. $500
It comes with a heavy (heavy) brush Gaurd and ranchhand-type back bumper $300 for both

The compounds need a few nick nacks to be road ready. Spring gate for he351, support for primary (if desired), new flange on downpipe (which will be provided), oil line adapter for s475 (source auto sent me the wrong one).

I'm sure there's more I'm forgetting as this has been a long project. I need to sell it to help my friend with medical related items.

Give me a call or text me,

Jake @ 832-341-5552

Videos were after head gasket and BEFORE compound build. I've only driven it 200 miles which was to have it dyno'd and then back home.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RQHSrQXBmM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RQHSrQXBmM[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kfk2H5q9Jz8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kfk2H5q9Jz8[/ame]

photo5_zps7ed6ed2e.jpg

photo4_zpsf7e7d191.jpg

photo2-11-3.jpg

Last edited:
BlockLH.jpg

Also selling cab off a 98 12 valve quad cab, comes with ECU and remaining interior pieces. $300

IMG_5421.jpg

Before sending pump to Seth.

IMG_2024.jpg

IMG_1582.jpg

2b5b66b2.jpg

photo3-9-1.jpg

Last edited:
Bump $6000. It's worth it :)

Can't get those requested pics till Monday.. Sorry men!

Also interested in the cab. Any more pics? What color interior and what options did it have?

There are interior "pieces" remaining. HVAC box with everything in it, many dash pieces except the typical cracked cover, ECU, steering wheel and column, gauge cluster I believe. It was a 98 12 valve auto 2wd 3500. Has door emblems and provisions for cab lights.

There are interior "pieces" remaining. HVAC box with everything in it, many dash pieces except the typical cracked cover, ECU, steering wheel and column, gauge cluster I believe. It was a 98 12 valve auto 2wd 3500. Has door emblems and provisions for cab lights.

I assume power windows and such since it has the fancy auto dimming rear view mirrior and overhead. All of the wiring still there? Door panels? What color interior?

I assume power windows and such since it has the fancy auto dimming rear view mirrior and overhead. All of the wiring still there? Door panels? What color interior?

I'll have a look at the interior Monday... Keep in mind, I wasn't selling the cab particularly for the interior pieces as they are nothing to write home about. It's more of a "Here is a decent cab/body for sale at a good price.

The above posted interior shot was of the 97 truck with new headliner.

I'll have a look at the interior Monday... Keep in mind, I wasn't selling the cab particularly for the interior pieces as they are nothing to write home about. It's more of a "Here is a decent cab/body for sale at a good price.

The above posted interior shot was of the 97 truck with new headliner.

That works! I have a 98 I want to get rid of the rust on and it is a base model and I would like to get power windows and such. Either way it is a good deal on a rust free cab if there is nothing in it.

Are you by chance, semi-local?

A few of you requested additional pics. I'll get & post them here tomorrow.

no I am not local ,I am in Michigan I am looking into shiping quotes ,we don't have to many rust free cabs this way

The auto installed and running in the truck? What would it take to get the truck drivable if it's not already. How many miles on the truck and any rust.

Last edited:
The auto installed and running in the truck? What would it take to get the truck drivable if it's not already. How many miles on the truck and any rust.

The 47rh (which is stock) was installed to have the engine mounted solid so the compounds could be put together. The tranny came with the torque converter, dip stick tube and shifter cable.

It needs the tranny built and auto swap parts installed (tranny lines, a cooler and driveshaft, then hook up all the swap parts like pedals and shifter/column. The blue 98 cab has auto pedals and the column.)

No rust other than surface rust on the bed rails due to the truck not being painted.

The fastest way to get it drive able is to install an nv4500, driveshaft and pedals. The twins have minor things that need to be buttoned up. Oil fitting adapter for primary, drain bung installed for primary, down pipe flange, primary support if desired. Or install stock turbo set up and drive it home, after tuning the pump of course.

Miles on the body are 373,000. Bottom end has 180k, cylinder head has 200 miles on it.