Parting out trucks yields.

Phily 911

Satire
Has anyone parted out a truck specifically a Dodge Cummins 4x4 and racked in more cash than what the truck would have sold for as a whole?

I'm asking this because it's hopeless trying to sell my truck for what I owe being with how crappy the economy is. However being a 2002 with everything in good condition I'm pondering on just ripping it apart and selling the parts like the axles, t-case, trany, engine and other oddball parts that might hold value.

Just tell me what ya think, I don't care if it's insulting, it's still valuable right about now in my situation.

You stand a good chance if you sell everything getting more money. Sadly it will take some time and some work to sell it, some of the pieces will move fast, some of the stuff you may have to sit on for quite some time. You might read the fine print on your auto loan, it may have some language about doing this. The issue with parting stuff out, is your usually left with a heap of stuff no one wants.

You stand a good chance if you sell everything getting more money. Sadly it will take some time and some work to sell it, some of the pieces will move fast, some of the stuff you may have to sit on for quite some time. You might read the fine print on your auto loan, it may have some language about doing this. The issue with parting stuff out, is your usually left with a heap of stuff no one wants.

Not worried about this, it's gonna repoed if I don't get some cash soon. I figure being a 2002 with a CAD delete front axle. That would get me off to a good start.

when my 05 was totaled i was going to rebuild it but found the frame was bent. that was in may i still have the cab the rest of the truck is pretty much sold. i have made the amount for the buy back and some. you will have people haggling you the whole way trying to get the best deal out of you and something for nothing.

Not worried about this, it's gonna repoed if I don't get some cash soon. I figure being a 2002 with a CAD delete front axle. That would get me off to a good start.

If they do repo it and you have started to part it out, check your loan, as they may still come after you for the rest of the truck.

If they do repo it and you have started to part it out, check your loan, as they may still come after you for the rest of the truck.

Well they are already after the truck. If I don't figure out soon they are just going to repo it anyways. This is my only option to avoid it getting repoed.

I've heard I won't be to get more than 2g out of the motor though, I was hoping at least double that.

when my 05 was totaled i was going to rebuild it but found the frame was bent. that was in may i still have the cab the rest of the truck is pretty much sold. i have made the amount for the buy back and some. you will have people haggling you the whole way trying to get the best deal out of you and something for nothing.

If you can, could you give me a rough break down of how everything parted out. That would be a great help to me. You can PM me too if you don't want everyone knowing.

Well they are already after the truck. If I don't figure out soon they are just going to repo it anyways. This is my only option to avoid it getting repoed.

I've heard I won't be to get more than 2g out of the motor though, I was hoping at least double that.

If you can, could you give me a rough break down of how everything parted out. That would be a great help to me. You can PM me too if you don't want everyone knowing.

Lot of it is right place right time. I think you could get $2500 out of the engine, IF your neighbor blows his up, and needs one the next day. It is that kind of deal, if your wanting to part stuff out and get your money fast, then
$1500 for the complete engine
$750 for the D80
$750 for the front end
$500 for the DHD
$75 for the intercooler

The issue with the engine and the heavy stuff is shipping.

Good luck with it.