PDD hotrod lift pump or Fuelabs pump?

12v Ford

So I'm on my 3rd lift pump and I don't have the power I used to anymore. I can change from a 0 plate to a 10 and the power feels the same. Same boost and not much smoke on the top end, so I'm pretty sure it's a lack of fuel.

I have a tank in the bed that has a 1/2" line coming out of it straight to the lift pump and 1/2" line out of that to a better flowing filter to the pump. 3/8" return with stock ofv thats been modded.

I was going to get a fuelabs pump and regulator to put in, but then I saw a post about the PDD lift pump. 600 hp is about the max on my setup. What do you think about the PDD pump with a regulator or should I just do the fuelabs pump and be done with it?

I wonder whats been done to the PDD pump and how much fuel it flows?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Youve been through 3 of what pump? I just finished a customers truck with a benched 175 pump at 460cc, 64sxe, 22* of timing, 4ks, 7mm DVs, 5x.012s, PDD lift pump and it feels like every bit of +550hp.

Go with the mechanical pump, especially on a daily driver. Even a stock lift pump will do 550 all day and be reliable.

Mechanical! Also, get a fuel pressure gauge. It could be your return is leaking, or it could be that your cam lobe is getting worn down.

I'm on my 3rd lift pump. The 1st one wouldn't build the pressure, the 2nd one had a broken spring in it, and I'm not sure about the 3rd one yet, but it's not pushing the fuel. The good thing about the stock lift pump is it won't leave you stranded, even if its not up to snuff.

Yeah, I've got a fuel pressure gauge, and a brand new cam about 30k ago. I think I'll call PDD and talk to them about their pump.