Performance Injectors

brockw08

12 too many valves...
My buddy got a set of injectors for his 1998 6.5. We plan on installing them soon, but want to know what we're getting into before we tear her down. I've done injectors in many Cummins motors, so I get the basics. Any info would be great!!!:rockwoot:

Figure on new return hoses. I would also spray the Injector threads before you pull them cause they can be tight. Good luck.

GO ahead and do glow plugs while you are doing that. They need them if you want her to start on a cold day.

Do you guys have any info on what is actually involved? I've never even seen a 6.5L with the hood up, so any tech info would be awesome. I appreciate the info so far. :thankyou2:

Return lines are a must and make shure to get the clips for them. also save your self the headache and get the gaskets for the turbo, the # 1 and 2 injectors on the passenger side are a pain to get to with out removing it. they make a socket for the injectors but it's not a must have if you take your time and becareful of the return nipples.

put heat on the bolts for the turbo, mine were so tight and rusted that 2 broke off in mine then u gotta get a machine shop to drill em out:doh: and dont expect a major power boost from the injectors, they do help and with over 100,000 miles they need to be replaced anyway so its a good investment

Back