Picked up a TDI Jetta last night...

we caught a group of cars on a tollway for 170 miles. :) it was fun :) I had to check the mpg after we split up. 37mpg. I was the slowest car so I was at WOT most of the time. I believe this is when the oil was burnt up. i didn't check untill after 2000 miles unfortunately not after the first 1400

Last edited:
Great to hear you finally got your tdi! I'm still searching for a super cheap one. I missed out on a 97 jetta for $750. Had a bad wheel bearing and they when and bought a new tdi and put it up on craigslist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while pulling a 36ft gooseneck and not paying attention to the road.

this is a car that needs alot more coverage in the media. We currently are running 7 of these cars at our business, anywhere from a 99 to a 06, nothing newer than that. Averaging allittle over 43 across all cars totaling about 300,000 miles total. My personal car of the group, an 06 similiar to yours, runs a stage II rocketchip tune with a clutch and open exhaust. It averages 46 and i drive it like i stole it. Very cheap, quality transportation!