Pics of tandem axle 1-tons...sweeeet!

4x4dually

Ok, so I'm bored. I thought I'd share some of the pics that I have accumulated over the years. The dodge tow truck is the shiznit.....:rockwoot: The transporter was parked down the road from the house the other night. I had to take a picture to droll over.

Attachments

• Dodge Tandem.jpg
    Dodge Tandem.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 425
  • Ramzilla1 Tandem.jpg
    Ramzilla1 Tandem.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 438
  • Dual Tandem Truck.jpg
    Dual Tandem Truck.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 365
  • Too many tires.JPG
    Too many tires.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 411
Well, I don't know, another axle with another set of brakes with more traction, why wouldn't he GVWR go up? It wouldn't be published info from the manufacturer, but why wouldn't it go up? (other than the sissy frames they use now days)

4x4dually said:
Well, I don't know, another axle with another set of brakes with more traction, why wouldn't he GVWR go up? It wouldn't be published info from the manufacturer, but why wouldn't it go up? (other than the sissy frames they use now days)

The DOT man is gonna look at the sticker on the door... Unless the upfitter did it, I think the GVWR would be the same.

.... and here is our local tandem Ford

n4u2b2q257d523f1e307.jpg

g446q4M5x211r1q564U1.jpg

:evil

the DOT man will look at the GCWR. Tandem duallies just means you could haul a bigger trailer right? LoL

Don't trucks list a GCVW on the door? I don't know I've got farm tags for 26k. I guess if they go by the axle wieght it would up it though.

Nice find. The only dodge looks a little too southern for me. I hear Sanford and Son playing in the background....

Last I knew, it isnt the sticker on the door, Its the registered weight.
I could be wrong, pickups and hauling is a very grey area in the DOT world now.

Ive seen the black one, wasent that on ebay a few years back?
That 3rd gen tow truck rocks! :rockwoot:

Your GCWR will go up with the addition of the 3rd axle, thats how u figure GCWR for your truck, add the GAWR front and rear together. Then obviously subtract the weight of your truck n thats what u can haul, truck and trailer combined.

Correct me if im wrong.

AsTroSS said:
.... and here is our local tandem Ford

n4u2b2q257d523f1e307.jpg

g446q4M5x211r1q564U1.jpg

:evil

Just noticed something....there is no receiver hitch and you sure as hell ain't gonna pull a gooseneck with those sissy bars in the back. So....what the heck good is that truck??? :eek:wned: You sure don't need a GVCW of 23,000+ to haul around ice coolers to the lake.

4x4dually said:
You sure don't need a GVCW of 23,000+ to haul around ice coolers to the lake.

You've obviously never drank beer down here before. :D

Tyler,

I missed meeting your punk ass down in baytown this weekend. Did you not stay for the party or was I just busy?

i think the windows on that ford need to be tinted because i wouldnt want to be seen driving it

revolutiondsl said:
i think the windows on that ford need to be tinted because i wouldnt want to be seen driving it

That ain't no lie....thats the fugliest Ford I've ever seen.:Throwup:

I looked at adding another rear axle to my 3500 once but it would make my legal road speed 55mph max here in Kommiefornia, loaded or not.