pictures of weight boxes

red dodge2

looking into building me a box for the front. anyone got some good pictures of theres and what do u use for weight to put inside it?

I don't know if you saw it, but there is a sticky on weight brackets/boxes up above.

For weights in my box I use old feed scale weights and rectangular steel weights from a bench press machine. They lock together and don't move in there.

I don't know if you saw it, but there is a sticky on weight brackets/boxes up above.

Not that many pics of weight boxes and/or the brackets to hold them in said sticky. I'd like to see a few of those set ups as well.

We will have to get together this winter and build us some. Ive been thinking about it for a while, and would like to get some ideas as well. Glad u decided to keep the truck!

Im thinking about building a box as well. I dont really care for the suitcase weights hanging on a bracket.

2011-05-27183506.jpg

2011-09-18150759.jpg

I can take some more pictures of the inside of the box if anyone wants more. Welded 2 receivers to the frame rails, the posts on the box slide into the receivers about 18" its real sturdy i hang about 900 pounds right now.

^^^^i like that design. could i get more pics? what did u enclose it with?

2011-10-24204706.jpg

2011-10-24204533.jpg

2011-10-24205104.jpg

I used 1/16 steel to sheet it, the box is 48"x26"x12x

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

thats a good looking weight box. only thing id done would make the top where it hinges. and maybe make one side where could put ice tank for air to water

Here are a couple pics of one of the boxes i built for this season- Im not sure if its quite what you dodge boys are looking for though:poke:

-Steven

Attachments

• 0727111705a.jpg
    0727111705a.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 0
  • chevy box- steven2.jpg
    chevy box- steven2.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 0
Jakethesnake, could you post a pic or two of the receiver mounts on the frame?

thats a good looking weight box. only thing id done would make the top where it hinges. and maybe make one side where could put ice tank for air to water

Thanks, I thought about putting the ice up there but wanted to be able to dyno and drive it with the WTA, without the box on.

I can get some pics of the receivers this weekend

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
weight box pictures

Here are a few of mine pretty simple.

weightbox7.jpg

weightbox6.jpg

weightbox5.jpg

I highly suggest a mount like this if you ever have to install your weight box alone.

weightbox1.jpg

weightbox2.jpg

weightbox8.jpg

Here are a couple pics of one of the boxes i built for this season- Im not sure if its quite what you dodge boys are looking for though

-Steven
Attached Images 0727111705a.jpg (100.9 KB, 0 views)
chevy box- steven2.jpg (100.9 KB, 0 views)

Isn t that on the wrong truck?