pistol grip shifter install.??

I do have a co-pilot which I have locking in the conv. at 35mph ( I cut the map sensor link so it doesn't go off boost too). In the beginning when I 1st got into diesels and ordered a trans., I did ask the question if it was a 4 or 5 spd od. The new trucks have a 6spd auto.......the 47 is a 4spd od, the 48re is a 5 spd od, unless I was given the wrong info. (???)

I do have a co-pilot which I have locking in the conv. at 35mph ( I cut the map sensor link so it doesn't go off boost too). In the beginning when I 1st got into diesels and ordered a trans., I did ask the question if it was a 4 or 5 spd od. The new trucks have a 6spd auto.......the 47 is a 4spd od, the 48re is a 5 spd od, unless I was given the wrong info. (???)

you were given the wrong info. sorry bud.

i've had my 47re apart enought times to know its a 3 speed with o/d. and lock up will give the illusion of another gear when in reality it is ( direct drive for that particular gear) but its not physically another gear.. as far as the 48's go i'm not sure but i doub't its a 5 speed, possibly a 4 speed, but my money is on 3.

no problem buddy. you say 3 speed with a od, i say 4 speed including the od. same thing, just said differently. but deff not a 5spd. :Cheer:

Okay since that's settled on 4 (with od) not a 5 spd. I was told wrong info.

I'd still would like the info. on how to control the od, having a choice of when it goes into od. I'd really appreciate it, inline6power.

BTW, the truck you're playing with, what works on the way you launch it?? I see that you have slicks, how do you have the rear set up?? Are you using any type of ladder bars?? With the cage, you must be going into the low 11's.... Just curious. I'm almost done fabbing up my ladder bars and then wheel hunting for the M&H drag radials 29.5x12.5 and see if I can get it to hook up, if not I'm going to try putting some weight the bed.......

Okay since that's settled on 4 (with od) not a 5 spd. I was told wrong info.

I'd still would like the info. on how to control the od, having a choice of when it goes into od. I'd really appreciate it, inline6power.

BTW, the truck you're playing with, what works on the way you launch it?? I see that you have slicks, how do you have the rear set up?? Are you using any type of ladder bars?? With the cage, you must be going into the low 11's.... Just curious. I'm almost done fabbing up my ladder bars and then wheel hunting for the M&H drag radials 29.5x12.5 and see if I can get it to hook up, if not I'm going to try putting some weight the bed.......

rear is in the process of getting 4 linked with coilovers. truck is setup for low 9s. od is controlled simply by a solinoid on the tranny. the computer is what supplys it power and tells it to shift or not and so on. you can find the 2 wires that lead to the solinoid, hot and a ground and put a switch in. can have it setup either on, or off. my setup with the latching relay simply uses a momentary switch and laches on or off that way i can use the momentary button on the shifter as my od switch. pretty simple.

The solonoid is that unit(elect. od ??) on top of the shift arm on the trans., right?? It's been awhile since I've looked, but that's what I'm thinking that has a wire harness.

With your system of monotary switch, all you have to do is click it to send the signal to throw it in od.

The reason soo many questions is I don't want to make a mistake and fry my od or any elect. system.......What I'm thinking is to install a toggle on the power wire to the solonoid and when I don't want od, flip the toggle to interupt the connection....

The solonoid is that unit(elect. od ??) on top of the shift arm on the trans., right?? It's been awhile since I've looked, but that's what I'm thinking that has a wire harness.

With your system of monotary switch, all you have to do is click it to send the signal to throw it in od.

The reason soo many questions is I don't want to make a mistake and fry my od or any elect. system.......What I'm thinking is to install a toggle on the power wire to the solonoid and when I don't want od, flip the toggle to interupt the connection....

the actual solinoid is inside the tranny. cant be seen from the outside. the wire harness that comes out of the drivers side contains the 2 wires you are looking for. pm me later and i can tell you what 2 you need. a toggle switch will work just fine. when you send power the the solinoid, waa laaa, od. when the switch is off, no od.

Back