piston strength

Droolinforparts

how much horse power and the clevite large bowl pistons hold up to that you get in a rebuild kit from pure diesel power, will they hold up to like 700 or 800 hp? i did a search on Google and it came up with mahle clevite inc. what is the difference between a mahle piston or a clevite piston if they are the same company.

piston strength is never really an issue in these engines. Don't melt them or feed them other engine parts and they will survive. The only reason to change them is for a different bowl better suited to your engine combo or cuts for valve clearance.

Idk about clevite vs mahle. But here's a bump, maybe someone else will.

I have seen the skirts break off of cast pistons, and take out an engine.

Ive seen the wrist pins start to pull out at really high rpm 6000 neighborhood. Not my engine.

ok so i wont be turning 6 grand, im going to balance everything to 4 grand or 5 grand and only spin it up to 4 grand

Stock pistons with some coating from SwainTech will do just fine. No issues since 2007 with mine.

Ive seen the wrist pins start to pull out at really high rpm 6000 neighborhood. Not my engine.

I have seen in some application (not Cummins) teflon plugs on piston wirst pin holes.

Do you have pics of this?

Those we used on VW beetle race engines
Teflon_Wrist_Pin_Buttons_4594.jpg

but I have seen similar in big marine engines