Plating stock 12v intercooler for air/water

As far as I know coolant temp sensors read temps no matter if it is liquid or air. The trans temp sensor I had on my Quadzilla would read ambient air temp when it wasn't in the trans.

Not sure what your definition of "cheap" is but you could use an Edge CTS with the expandable sensors. Then you can monitor and log a lot more. Kind of a cheap data logger, just doesn't read RPM. I was going to run the coolant temp sensors or EGT sensors to monitor intake temps on my semi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm afraid the thermal mass differences between the two won't allow the liquid sensors to react fast enough. Liquid sensors normally have a larger thermal area than a air sensor. Atleast that is what I've read.

I'm also obd1, so I don't think I could use one anyway.

I'm afraid the thermal mass differences between the two won't allow the liquid sensors to react fast enough. Liquid sensors normally have a larger thermal area than a air sensor. Atleast that is what I've read.

I'm also obd1, so I don't think I could use one anyway.

Yes you can. The Edge Insight with the 12v expandable package is a stand alone unit. The 12v expandable package supplies all the wiring and such, all you need a is a power source. You'll have to order 2 EGT probes separately thought, as the kit only comes with one. That's if you want to monitor EGTs, too.

https://edgeproducts.com/products/insight-cts2-84130/

https://edgeproducts.com/products/eas-12v-power-supply-kit-A98614/

I've already got a pyrometer. When a cts alone cost 300, wouldn't it be cheaper just to buy a couple gauges?

Maybe... What does a cheap pryometer gauge cost? $160? Buy two and you're at $320. Then you have to find a gauge that will you will be able to accurately read intake temps that low. Then as you're going down the track you'll have to remember to look at both gauges.

With the Edge, you'll be able to read from 0* and upward, it'll log the temps for you (no need to have to remember to look at the gauges), plus you'll be able to monitor and log many more parameters.

Just my $0.02.

I'm not really serious enough to need more than one Pyro. Hell I'm not really serious at all when it comes to competition. Lol I'll see what I can do for some makeshift iat gauges when I find time to test this. For the sake of information. I'm interested in seeing the difference between stock, stock modified a/w, and a legit a/w.

Wow that is inexpensive. I hate the brand, but I was thinking about the glowshift dual temp gauge. It's only 99. Ofcourse not guaranteed to work though. Lol

Hi Guys, I'm the engineer and designer behind the dual thermocouple gauge from Exotic Electron. If you have any questions just let me know. It was specifically designed to outperform any other gauge for measuring temperature in turbocharged applications, and at a far lower price than what is available. Its more precise, faster, and has arithmetic and peak detecting functions that other gauges don't.

Back