please give feedback on cams

Hamilton Cams

ignorant
I am looking for feedback on our latest cams. Please post up data as much as possible so that I can see how they are working, opinions are fine too but data really helps me. I am especially interested in data when switching from one of our old grinds or another companies grind to our new grinds.

Anybody have data on our 207/220 or our 200/220?

Thanks,

Zach

Zach I wish I had more data from before and after for you on this 181 210. I can say it was by far one of the best upgrades for my engine and your customer service is top notch.

Zach I wish I had more data from before and after for you on this 181 210. I can say it was by far one of the best upgrades for my engine and your customer service is top notch.

I'll be trying to compile as much as possible on my results from stock to 181/210. What were your gains/results and setup?

-Dustin-

I changed so many things at once it's hard to say but I was dd a hx60 with this cam. Granted it was laggy but it worked

Cliff, I think the 188-220 would have fixed that for you.

Dustin, any feedback would help me out a lot.

Zach,

I have a lot on my plate this coming month, but would be interested in stepping up if the new grinds are better. I also hear you have a dyno nowadays....if you're interested we can possibly get together and do back to back testing from old to new.

My results with the 200/220 in my 12V

I called zach this past march and told him of the race truck we were building and he gave me a smoking deal on this cam. I called them back for help in setting the centerline and they were very helpful and even glad i called to make sure the cam was set up right.

The cam I ran in the engine before was a very aggresive regrind that required fly cutting, so putting in this cam was no problem for me.

I never ran the old cam in my new truck or the new cam in my old heavy truck so comparing times won't tell much, but using compd's HP calculator tells a good story.

The Best time i ran on my old setup on fuel was 11.83 in topeka last year at world finals, this was a smokey run as i run N2O most of the time and have the fuel set for that. still ran strong and was very happy with this run. calculater has me at 653 rwhp for this run.

this year with the new truck I ran 11.19 fuel only on my first and only attempt and feel that I could improve with tuning. The truck is a lot lighter then the last but even with that compd has me at 702 rwhp. this was also very smokey as i had it setup for N2O.

The neat thing to me is that these runs were at different tracks. And so the 50HP increase is probably on the small side because this 702 HP run occured at a track about 2000 feet higher than topeka.

It should also be noted that when I changed my cam I also upgraded to zach's heavy duty pushrods and with controlled correct valve timing that could also play a role in the hp increase, I ran stock pushrods in my last setup.

So thank you Zach, very much appreciate the good deal and the high quality products, They had a very positive impact on my truck.

Brandon,
Would be happy to do some testing. I am working at a small warehouse while we look for a new shop. I have the dyno setup at a friends shop so I am not free to do testing anytime. As soon as I find a new shop, I will hit you up or if you want to do some testing at a dyno near you. Just let me know.

GS1000. The HP calculator is a good tool and is much better than just a butt dyno. Let me know if you get a run in at the lower elevation. Thank you very much for the feedback!

The only data I have on my 200/220 is 370' and the 4k tach and 60psi boost gauge was buried from the starting line till I let off the throttle.:rockwoot:

Brandon,
Would be happy to do some testing. I am working at a small warehouse while we look for a new shop. I have the dyno setup at a friends shop so I am not free to do testing anytime. As soon as I find a new shop, I will hit you up or if you want to do some testing at a dyno near you. Just let me know.

GS1000. The HP calculator is a good tool and is much better than just a butt dyno. Let me know if you get a run in at the lower elevation. Thank you very much for the feedback!

I'm moving to College Station in the next two weeks. Just let me know when you are ready and we can make a plan.

The only data I have on my 200/220 is 370' and the 4k tach and 60psi boost gauge was buried from the starting line till I let off the throttle.:rockwoot:

Sounds like it runs strong. Did you run a similar setup with a different cam? I hope you are not mad at me that you only pulled 370'.

Part of the reason i am asking about feedback is that I need to know where I can improve but I am also interested in helping people decide which cam to go with. Most people do some research come out with a decent product and leave it alone. We have the ability and the desire to constantly make improvements. We have one of the top designers in the world working with us. The more data I give him the better we can get, faster!

Thank you all for the feedback.

Also to let you know we are about to release a 110LSA 200-220 and a 110 LSA 207-220 as well as cam to fill in the gap between the 207-220 and the 232-252. We are about to release a 220-240 .360-.360 as well as a revamped fuel miser cam. We are also about to pull the trigger on 3 sets of gears for the NV4500 for some testing! These are exciting times.

I am in the process of rounding up a few guinea pigs for some research projects I will have. I want one person tha thas an old 181-210 to dyno back to back with our new 181-210, I want one person to do stock cam to our new fuel miser 178-208 and some other tests are going to be coming up quick. The tests with the miser cam will be in a CR truck with a 62 or 64 s-300 a small set of injectors, air dog, conservative tires and a tuner. It would also help if they had a drive pressure and boost gauges and acces to a dyno.

I think brandon can do the testing on the 181-210 but we are looking for someone on the fuel miser. PM me if interested.

Zach

Last edited:
Did you run a similar setup with a different cam?

No, earlier this year I went from a stock 24v cam to the 200 and at the same time I did lift and tip on the nozzles and dual fed the pump. It did make way more power and came out of the hole alot easier. Only ran it twice that way then changed to big nozzles, different pump, charger, and t4 manifold.

So basically I have zero baseline to compare A to B.

This winter I'm gonna tear it down and start over, and will be after you for the meanest flat tappet you have.

Cliff, I think the 188-220 would have fixed that for you.

Dustin, any feedback would help me out a lot.

I agree but I was not %100 on degreeing the cam in at the time. I look back on it and kick myself now. I do plan on getting a head from you and a 188. I'm sure it will help my big turbo obsession LOL.

i just had a 188/220 put in a couple weeks ago. it helped spool my turbo faster and also seems to pull a lot harder through the gears. last time i went to the track i ran an 11.6, that will be all i have to compare it too but i also put on a modded rail and your heavy duty push rods. ill be going back to the track in a couple weeks so i will let you know the difference.

well i made it back to the track last night. i ended up running the same time as before the cam but in much hotter and more humid temps so it did help. i also was able to run a 10.75 with spray but dont have a before cam with spray time to compare.

I am interested in the fuel miser 178/210. I have an Airdog, Smarty, HTT 62/71/13ss, stock injectors, boost gauge, and access to a dyno. This is on an 04.5 CR. I tow heavy also and have a bit of an issue spooling the turbo while towing. I have to be careful when it goes into lockup. I must be a 50mph or more before the TC locks.

same here i love it, my motor is so smooooth and spools awesome!