please give feedback on cams

Got my 188 installed last night the low end came alive now. Much faster spool up. Thanks Zach

Trent Burke

I run a htt 66 over an 88mm charger on my 12v and with the stock cam it was laggy to say the least. Earlier this year part of my build included a 188/220 and that has by far made the biggest difference in spoolup! i really couldnt believe the difference it made in spooling throughout the entire rpm range. Its my DD so it made driving the truck so much more enjoyable.

thanks Zach, we appreciate your hard work.

I wish the 188/220 wasn't cutting it so close. I think it will probably be next year before my 6.7 is ready and it would be interesting to see how much the new cam would add to the numbers I'm seeing from this 5.9 with the 181/210. I've got one sitting in the box and I'm starting to regret having the larger valves put in the zz fab head. Would be cool to just swap heads and cam and dyno again. i think the big difference between the Hamilton cams and the other brands is that Zach has attempted to show actual gains between products rather than just say, "wow, spools fast". Seat of the pants dyno's don't mean jack.

Sounds like it runs strong. Did you run a similar setup with a different cam? I hope you are not mad at me that you only pulled 370'.

Part of the reason i am asking about feedback is that I need to know where I can improve but I am also interested in helping people decide which cam to go with. Most people do some research come out with a decent product and leave it alone. We have the ability and the desire to constantly make improvements. We have one of the top designers in the world working with us. The more data I give him the better we can get, faster!

Thank you all for the feedback.

Also to let you know we are about to release a 110LSA 200-220 and a 110 LSA 207-220 as well as cam to fill in the gap between the 207-220 and the 232-252. We are about to release a 220-240 .360-.360 as well as a revamped fuel miser cam. We are also about to pull the trigger on 3 sets of gears for the NV4500 for some testing! These are exciting times.

I am in the process of rounding up a few guinea pigs for some research projects I will have. I want one person tha thas an old 181-210 to dyno back to back with our new 181-210, I want one person to do stock cam to our new fuel miser 178-208 and some other tests are going to be coming up quick. The tests with the miser cam will be in a CR truck with a 62 or 64 s-300 a small set of injectors, air dog, conservative tires and a tuner. It would also help if they had a drive pressure and boost gauges and acces to a dyno.

I think brandon can do the testing on the 181-210 but we are looking for someone on the fuel miser. PM me if interested.

Zach

Any updates on these new grinds your comming out with? I have around 40 pulls on your old 181/210 105.5LSA from april 2010, will be looking for a new cam this winter.

yes, every time we design something and get it cut we learn more and have to re-design.

This is a good thing but it is taking more time than I thought.

Zach, i was wanting to wait untill the dyno guy got his printer fixed on his coputer but my results before water to air and new injectors this was basically back to back.

stock cam 762hp 1385lbs set 10 and 15
hamilton old 181-210 790-1450lbs set at 10 and 15 on valves int.-exh
hamilton old 181-210 782-1432 set at 10 and 20
hamilton new 181-210 814-1440 set at 10 and 20
hamilton new 181-210 820-1464 set at 10 and 15

my tq readings seem to like to tighter ex. valves, which makes since I believe. and hp diff shows that the tighter the sooner the ramp was on the graph. Id give up 10hp for 40lbs.. im a sled puller lol
all the runs were within a week of each another.

I have since done injectors, sidedraft intake, and ported head, 6 speed and tripple disk, air to water going back hopefully next week!!

Zach, I was wondering if you were still looking for test trucks for your cams. I have a bone stock 05 CR that I've been wanting to install a cam in but still in the research process. I live just south of Houston and may be able to access a dyno but I'd have to check.

Zach, i was wanting to wait untill the dyno guy got his printer fixed on his coputer but my results before water to air and new injectors this was basically back to back.

my tq readings seem to like to tighter ex. valves, which makes since I believe. and hp diff shows that the tighter the sooner the ramp was on the graph. Id give up 10hp for 40lbs.. im a sled puller lol

I have since done injectors, sidedraft intake, and ported head, 6 speed and tripple disk, air to water going back hopefully next week!!

30 Hp gain. That is one good design change on the new cam.

I got my 181/210 installed a couple days ago. Went through the break in, and adjusting the lash. After that we hooked it to the trailer and had a 2 hour drive. Theres a lot less smoke, and a drop of at least 100f egts at cruise. Needless to say I'm really happy with that. My wife took it to work and I asked her how it felt? She said there's no bogging in it and it feels much closer to stock, with how the throttle comes on.

I'll do my own testing when it's a little more broken in.

I'd love to see the graphs to see how/when the power comes on, especially vs stock. I wish we had a dyno locally, but it seems my testing will be towing/driving/etc.

-Dustin-

We are finalizing design changes onthe economy cams as we speak. We have a really gifted engineer that is trying some really edgy stuff on these cams. I believe after all of the design plans and thought that have gone into these cams that we will have found all of the fuel economy that can be had by a cam change. The rest is up to the individual to pick a conservative turbo and injectors and keep their foot out of the pedal. because we are trying to release all of the energy that we can onto the piston and to the back tires, there, in theory, will be less energy available to the turbine wheel. THis means turbo choice is very important. Lightweight wheels and bb chargers that spin easier for a given amount of exhaust flow will work best.

Although I normally don't do regrinds, I am going to be doing a few to send out for testing. If you are up for it p.m. me and i will consider you for the testing. Looking for trucks that have mild injectors/boxes and turbos 64mm or smaller. It will also help if you have boost/egt gauges and it would be really nice if you had a drive pressure gauge. Dyno availability is optional since we are going to be looking at economy but it will definitely halp sway my decision as to who gets a free cam.

Cherrs.

Zach

Zach, Id be interested in testing a 188/220, as I have the old 181/210 installed now. I loved the difference on the 181/210, but Im needing something a little more agressive. Ive got limited access to a dyno, 200hp DDP sticks, and an s466 charger. I know thats not exactly what you had in mind above, but Ill offer my help. As far as a DP gauge, Ill throw one in if need be.

Got my 188 installed last night the low end came alive now. Much faster spool up. Thanks Zach

Trent Burke

Realllly....? Come take me for a ride-along, Trent. Are you ready to install another one? I'm saving up for one right now. :D Hollar, we'll do lunch.

^^^^ Were always ready lol I havent got to meet you yet but im always out there...

188 is bad @ss thanks Zach :woohoo: