please help! i cannot afford!

also its probably good you dont have a pyro...you would be scared pulling that 40'er

Chase just called me, and its just getting more and more fun. He is now getting a sort of flutter when he is cruising downhill with no throttle. He says it kinda sounds like a turbo bark, but constant, and not as loud. What the heck is wrong with this thing?

feelmecummin said:
if you can fab up a piece of pipe with an air fitting on it run 30 psi through the boot of of the turbo and have some soapy water handy....this is how i check for leaks...its alot easier to hear with the engine off.

I found a intake manifold leak this way. You will have some valve overlap so you will hear air through the motor when you do it....unless you losen your exhaust valves to seal them off...but you don't want to do that.

My 2006 has been losing power too, never had any sort of programmer on it, it only has 23,500 on it, auto tranny is acting funny too?? especially in tow haul, it use to move out in tow haul but at about 21,000 the power really fell off the charts..

is there anyone close to me that
knows their **** on these cummins
that can take a look at it? i actually
did something bad yesterday and stopped
off at the ford dealer while i was in LA
and test drove a few 6.4's. then went and
drove some 6.6's.. hmmmm.

Bring the truck to the dealership and let them drive it. They should be able to trouble shoot the issue within a days time. If you really rely on this vehicle for work or play that should be priority #1 getting it back to working condition.

i will drop it off at a different dealer this morning. i got a new 6.7 today for time being to keep hauling.

thanks for all the replies guys.
i wish i could be as helpful to find the problems as yall describe them.

chase n.

fordtk12 said:
Do these have a EGR valve on them? My buddies f 450 did this but only worst and it was the first time the intercooler boot then it was another intercooler boot LOL and then it was the ERG vavle. All with in 25,000 miles I might add

i with you...my brother has a 04 ford 6.0 and the egr got stuck open laged really bad dumping smoke (WITH NO BOX) dealer thought it was the turbo replaced it still did it..a month later they figured it out that it was the egr..??dont know if the dodge has it but something to think about...
*bdh* :ft:

Do you have any guages?

If not, boost and pyro would be a must for me..

Id check for a boost leak somewhere. Also, is the dealership checking the injectors?

Also, have you checked your oil level?

no guages.
truck is all factory, other than MBRP 4".
dealer is not checking injectors.
diagnostics, road tests, diagnostics, road tests.
they pissed me off.
i hope this new dealer cannot tell i ran a smarty about 8k miles ago.
oil was changed after all the was happening. still at same/correct
level.

truck still acting funny. dropping off monday morning - correction to my last post that said "this" morning.

If the problem is happening while your just doing your normal driving im sure the dealership will pick up on it quick.

i thought the same thing.
they havent/didnt.

wyatt arp in seguin will have it
monday morning.

ChaseN said:
is there anyone close to me that
knows their **** on these cummins
that can take a look at it? i actually
did something bad yesterday and stopped
off at the ford dealer while i was in LA
and test drove a few 6.4's. then went and
drove some 6.6's.. hmmmm.

Hey now, :badidea: easy there. Don't go and do something you will regret later. Breath in ----breath out..........

trading her off.
ive been pulling my 36' since i got my truck back wednesday 20hrs a day
and shes better than ever. more power in all ranges.

but i ran across a left over 06.

lift pump.
fuel pump.
something with the cp3? the mechanic said he tweaked it.
it smokes more now. haha.

havent traded yet. i dont know if im going to trade off or just buy another.

Back