please help.

check this video out. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ee1LQl8a5_0&feature=plcp"]f250 with cummins low boost please help. - YouTube[/ame] this is on the hwy flooring my pedal.

boost leak??

Check for boost leaks, exhaust leaks, and low fuel pressure. Solenoid open fully, throttle linkage not bent, and full throttle opening. Ie the rod adjustment, cable slack etc. And post up the results. Too many of these threads start and never get an update......and begin

Check for boost leaks, exhaust leaks, and low fuel pressure. Solenoid open fully, throttle linkage not bent, and full throttle opening. Ie the rod adjustment, cable slack etc. And post up the results. Too many of these threads start and never get an update......and begin
I know I was searching for 6 month and never found answer. i just checked my boost leaks negative nothing found, exhaust leak negative i tried run truck with out exhaust at all just open turbo nothing changed. full throttle, nothing is bend just checked all this today. i have 50 psi of fuel pressure at idle and 80 on the hwy. (Ie the rod adjustment) whats Ie means and which rod to adjust?? (solenoid open fully) you mean the one that shut the engine off??

P.S. my dads 96 Ram is also 5spd and allllllll stuck except exhaust, he got 4" turbo back, and he is running 35psi. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DOOOOOOOO BUT I FEEEEELLL IT NEEEDS MORE BOOOST PLEASE HELP WHAT TO TRY.

Last edited:
boost

Ie =in example
If you think it needs more boost tune fuel out of it for testing. Move AFC, plate etc. Cheaper alternative than buying a new turbo for a guess;) what boost does the foot move,

reread thread

Pretty much everyone is telling you the same thing over and over. You mentioned (tuning AFC and it moves at any pressure) fix that!! to open at say 25 psi for starters.

Pretty much everyone is telling you the same thing over and over. You mentioned (tuning AFC and it moves at any pressure) fix that!! to open at say 25 psi for starters.

i did all of what pple suggest me, it did clear my smoke but still low boost.

by the way i tried hx35 did not help and i went back to hc1 (but i think ist the same turbo just older.)

more update: i just removed my AFC and checked it with shop air, its working grate opens all the way with about 23-25 psi, then i installed different AFC fully stock no one ever mess with it and result is the same. Boost 20-22 psi bu,t truck runs a little smoother in idle.

next thing i want to try is change my injectors back to stuck.

Last edited:
Probably no help but, have you tried a different boost gauge or check the connections to it? I just remembered, the 94-95 pumps had some kind of problem with the plungers & barrels. My '95 wouldn't respond to a plate adjustment but it had bigger problems too and a new pump fixed it up.

Last edited:
If all else fails, remove pump and send to Seth @ DPE. He will fix your pump right up, or give you a reasonable way out.

Probably no help but, have you tried a different boost gauge or check the connections to it? I just remembered, the 94-95 pumps had some kind of problem with the plungers & barrels. My '95 wouldn't respond to a plate adjustment but it had bigger problems too and a new pump fixed it up.

this pump came out off 1996 ram 5spd with only 140k miles. i did tried different gauge same reading.

If all else fails, remove pump and send to Seth @ DPE. He will fix your pump right up, or give you a reasonable way out.

You think my pump not giving me enough fuel??? but there is got to be explanation to it!!! and way to fix it !! but i need to know what is it.

No smoke=No fuel. If you have no smoke whatsoever once it spools, I say the rack is not moving all the way or the pump refuses to fuel somehow. Have you tried running without the AFC and plate? Just for kicks, remove the AFC and tie it out of the way, remove the plate and throw some tape over the hole. Test drive. If it runs like a raped ape, find out what your plate/AFC issue is.

No smoke=No fuel. If you have no smoke whatsoever once it spools, I say the rack is not moving all the way or the pump refuses to fuel somehow. Have you tried running without the AFC and plate? Just for kicks, remove the AFC and tie it out of the way, remove the plate and throw some tape over the hole. Test drive. If it runs like a raped ape, find out what your plate/AFC issue is.

you did not follow the thread. i use to have a lot of smoke aloooooooot of smoke, then i played with a starwheel and i got smoke to stop, i still have a little but that's what i want. My problem is now that my boost never came back, i use to run 35psi then i got new injectors ( ddp 75 hp) and lost boost maybe in a week after installing new injectors.

You said you had full AFC travel at 25 psi but you are only getting 22 so try setting the afc for 16psi and see if the fuel comes in sooner...

You said you had full AFC travel at 25 psi but you are only getting 22 so try setting the afc for 16psi and see if the fuel comes in sooner...

it was before, that when i had no power at low rpm and tooooons of smoke because fuel was poring right from beginning with low boost, and way to much of fuel. Then i tightened star-wheel and smoke clears. Now i have good power from the start but it did not increase my boost. I think the higher my rpms the less fuel i get. As of right now i run no plate, so i should get fuel all the way, but it feels like i don't. I just cant think of any thing ales to check.

Back