po1763 hi gov pres.

cruiserjg

Mesured gov. presure and it hits over 100psi. New VB, Then it sets a po1763 code and goes into limp mode and starts in 3rd gear.

The vb has some sort of shift inprovement in it???? We have changed all the electronics in the trans and the trans is fresh rebuilt.

Thanks for the help.

This is a very common problem with these trucks after an aftermarket valve body or shift kit is installed. Your governor pressure is now too high (which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but the stock PCM "thinks" it is). The governor pressure sensor excitation voltage needs to be reduced to fix the problem. Basically instead of instead of sending a 5V signal from the PCM to the gov. pressure sensor you reduce the excitation voltage slightly (by means of a resistor or voltage regulator) so that the sensor's voltage output (pressure measurement) going back to the PCM is reduced. This will keep the truck out of limp mode also allowing you to run the desired higher pressure that's keeping your trans alive. I'm not exactly sure what resistor is needed in the wire from the PCM to the gov. pressure sensor because I used a voltage regulator instead (set at ~4.25V). Your best bet would be to call DTT and get their voltage regulator, or search the forums for the proper resistor (I want to say its a 330-350 ohm?).

Thanks ...because this is also happening with my transmission also. It just started on Saturday and is stuck in 3rd gear with a PO 1763 code. Mine is also freshly rebuilt with Aftermarket upgrades.

Ditto on the resistor, can't remember what size. DTT or Goerend will let you know. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the info. The truck has been to 3 differant trans shops.:thankyou2: I will post up when I get it done.

Contact member BPonci, I believe he sells a premade resistor with instructions on how to properly install it. I needed one for my 98' 12 valve's 47re tranny.

BIG thanks

Thanks to all that helped.
I installed a 1/4watt 100ohm resistor in line on pin 31 orange wire and the coad has not come back.:rockwoot:

also this was a 2001 ram 1500 with a 360 in it.