poped the head gasket

Lostnwalmart

well coming home from the dyno i poped the head gasket on the truck racing my buddy, put down 405.5 hp and 1035.2 ftlbs on a super flow 800 with jsut my super b bd turbo (my truck was gasping for more air) blacked out the shop and then some. was a great time. sent it to a shop to get oringed and what not the got the head off and magnafluxed it and multiple cracks were found soo now i need a new head and I think im goign to try one of these cometic gaskets. its only money right.....?

what about cometic and studs? and isnt the major factor in them the flatness of the head?

yes the cometic need a flat head and block to work but I have heard they a failing to but I think that is with 12mm though not sure I would go with fire ring or o ring for now till more on the cometic's is tested if you still plan on maybe going twins I would go 14mm for sure on stud's my truck has been holding up great with the fire ring's and 14mm that schied put in my truck. been almost a year now and no problem's and holding 70 psi all the time when draging and 40 50 when I'm paying on the street. we will see how it does in the spring I'm putting a s300 on the top and selling my hx 35 I have now plus getting my fass on hoping to run 12.0 first run I make in the spring. with the new setup.

Cracking Heads ?

:bang On my third set of heads w/ studs since the first time the heads came off. Not having any problems w/ hg's, I seem to be cracking the heads? I don't know what is going on. Running stock now w/ 4" exhaust. Any help would be nice.
*bdh*

Cliff, my grey pickup is holding fine with the Orings, 12mm studs and a modified 12valve gasket. And it's seen 75+psi and lots of high EGT's.

Something to keep in mind.

I wouldn't recommend going with 14mm studs on a 24v (98-02). In order to run 14mm studs you have to drill and tap the block and ream the head.

On 2nd gen 24v, the metal left over around the block is too thin to run 14mm studs.
I don't know what boost levels you plan on running, but there are some 12mm studs called H-11 or custom age..........? (Maybe some one can correct me on this one)

These studs are made of tougher steel and they can be torque more than regular 12mm studs.
Check them out:
http://www.haisleymachine.com/Head Gaskets & Studs.htm

Back