popped my turbo tonight

12valvetater

I just put in a set of 035 delivery valves in my 160 pump. We made two good pulls on the road and pop went my Hx 40. Pumped pretty much all my oil into the intercooler and out the exhaust.I shut my engine down as soon as I noticed I had no oil pressure. Turns out the nut came off the shaft compressor is wasted not much of a surprise. Do you all think the engine got hurt from no oil pressure? I'm trying to decide what turbo to go with now. I have a brand new hx52 with 64mm compressor and a wastegated turbine. But I'm not real sure if I can swing it. Thoughts? On a side note it was running pretty good when the charger let go.

What kind of oil did you have and if you shut it down quick motor should be all right....I did the same thing and mine was fine...I was running a synthetic oil in mine

Well I got the intercooler and turbo off. The turbo came apart pretty violently. The turbine and most of the shaft I found in the exhaust pipe and the center section looks like it exploded inside.

Clean the exhaust and CAC. drain and clean oil pan. If your CAC took all the remains of the comp wheel just replace it and go on your way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've done it three times this year on the puller. I pull the charger and intercoolers and clean them our really well since most of the debris is caught by it. I pull the intake tube to make sure there are no pieces of metal in there either. I drop the oil and filter and replace with 1qt of trans fluid plus oil run it for a few minutes and drain. I repeat and check the drain pan for any more metal. If it's just AL and a small amount I haven't worried but if there's steel I'd keep flushing.

I got a new intercooler because when it filled with oil there was a lot of leaks. The boots are also getting replaced sine they caught a bunch of shrapnel. The truck is going into Antrim to get the pan cleaned out and everything checked I just don't have the time to work on it like I used to.