popping noise

popping sound

cam has never been out of the truck. so are you saying that dodge could have degreed it wrong. if that is so i would have noticed it sooner but it has just started in last week or so.

Not at all. I didn't mean a stock cam. I was referring to aftermarket, which many people are running.

Thoughts

thats what i thought. any other thoughts what darn problem could be?

Ok,.. be exact,,... what total mods from stock have you done to your truck?

What exactly have you checked ( and what were the results of those checks) and what settings on everything are you at on anything that tunes?

ppe programer on tow, air intake, exhaust and gauges. clutch is pretty much gone. other than that truck is stock bone stock. did it with the programmer and without. rail pressure reads normal and fuel pressure is normal for stock pumps. just going to cap the rail to eliminate that possible problem. haven't checked it yet going to. but when it does its popping the rail pressure is still climbing. starts about 20k. no codes, no leaks. i feel like this poor guy:bang

i got appointment at the dealer tuesday but hoping to figure it before hand.

Popping

ppe programer on tow, air intake, exhaust and gauges. clutch is pretty much gone. other than that truck is stock bone stock. did it with the programmer and without. rail pressure reads normal and fuel pressure is normal for stock pumps. just going to cap the rail to eliminate that possible problem. haven't checked it yet going to. but when it does its popping the rail pressure is still climbing. starts about 20k. no codes, no leaks. i feel like this poor guy:bang

i got appointment at the dealer tuesday but hoping to figure it before hand.

Too weird.

You probably shouldn't mess with that rail cap until you get your problem fixed. The dealer will catch that right off.

Back