Possible or pipe dream.

TrxR

Ive got a spare 92 Dakota roller sitting here and was thinking about back halving it with a 4 link doing a full cage, gutted interior. and was wondering if it would be possible to get this thing into the high 8's in the 1/4 mile with a 12 valve 5.9 Cummins build. It would be nice to be able to drive around on the street some as well.

What do you guys think?

Would a newer Cummins be a better setup like a common rail 5.9 or a 6.7

Possible or a total dream?

8 sec quarter miles, 12 valve, and street driver dont really work together well.

If you find a 2wd 94-98 12 valve you could swap the rear end engine and trans. It will be a lot easier to go fast in the Dakota then our heavy trucks. With 600-700hp you could have a bad a$$ 10 second street truck. Maybe faster. Weight is our biggest enemy makin these trucks go fast.

I don't ever think you will be able to make 60's in the 1.3 or so range more typical 8 second cars are running because of the horrible weight imbalance so to do so plan on the higher side of whatever the hp calculators tell you you're going to need for whatever the projected vehicle weight would be to reach 8 second et's. I'm sure you're going to be on the upper end of 1000hp with 4000 or more pounds. Pretty sure you're going to need compounds to get there and street it at all.

Even with a 4 link rear suspension you think I will still have problems getting a good 60 foot time?

Even with a 4 link rear suspension you think I will still have problems getting a good 60 foot time?

I think you could probably add ballast in the rear to help but it will get heavy that way. I would look at that stucky truck as much as possible for inspiration given they have their 2wd working pretty well!

Sorry I meant stuckey truck .. Thanks for the vid. Is there any links to what has been done to that truck?

I think they run alot of tire out back. Big wide tire= lots of rotating mass.

I don't know if its possible, but with the engine setback as far as possible, a good set of 90-10 shocks, and good energy storing springs you might be able to get it to hook on a good set of slicks.

(lts the same problem fox mustang guys have had for years when they try to stuff a big block under the hood, all the power in the world won't do shi* if you can't get out of the hole)

There is a thread in the Conversions section doing the exact samething you are wanting to do. Although I don't think he is shooting for that low of E.T.'s

Dave Dunbar used to have a dakota drag truck. He would be one to talk to...But I dont think your gonna get in the 8's and keep it streetable. But hey, With enough money almost anythings possible!

Ok thanks guys. Wat do you think the fastest would be and be able to drive a little?

Ok thanks guys. Wat do you think the fastest would be and be able to drive a little?

I don't get why everyone is saying it wouldn't be streetable. Sure you can't tow with it, but throw some dot's on it and go. As long as you have a radiator I don't see why you couldn't drive it around all day. Might be a little smokey but just don't drive like an asshole.

sent from my phone

Smoky isn't streetable.

How many trucks are in the 8s?

How many of those do you see cruising around town?

Back