Power window problems

cummins-dodge

On my quad cab 04 the drivers rear window will not go up or down I put in a new master switch it didn't work right I pulled the window motor a part it works both ways swapped the door switch with pass one still don't work ground out one of the wires to the motor and then it would roll down on the master switch then grounded the other wire and will not roll up I'm puzzled any ideas

Mine did that once, but I did the same thing you did, switched the wires and got it to go back up, and it's worked fine ever since. Sorry...not much help.

Its common for the wires to break in the flexible hose going from body to door , that's where id start.

Its common for the wires to break in the flexible hose going from body to door , that's where id start.

Yes it is! There is a long thread on cummins forum about this problem. I'd look there.

Sent from my fancy thinking box

Similar thing happened to mine once except it would only roll down. Switched the wires, rolled it back up, left it alone for weeks and it worked fine again like nothing ever happened. Dodge has some weird problems.

Check ALL the wires on ALL the harnesses going from the pillars to the doors

The wires are very rigid and often/easy break

A quick solder job fixes the problems

It is usually in the black rubber corrugated boot

Those switches use a floating Ground. Check all wiring and Grounds! Might want to do a continuity test between wires as well.