power window question

Johnyb59

Cummins Freak
Is it possible to wire an automatic window switch like for the drivers window for the passenger side?

so if i went to a junk yard and took one off the drivers door i should be able to take my passenger switch out and just replace it, correct?

so if i went to a junk yard and took one off the drivers door i should be able to take my passenger switch out and just replace it, correct?

I think so. I was actually wondering about this a couple months back when I was installing a new window motor on the driver's side door.

Yes. It is a load sensing relay. From what I've read, when it is activated, once it senses a load (when the window gets to the top, bottom, or your head is stuck in it, it turns off. I think you can buy the relays at NAPA or anywhere, but I don't have a lead on them as far as a part number. PM Partsguy662 and ask him. I think most use the relay out of a Ford IIRC. Good luck and post up your solution.

The one window mod I did was to jumper the electric seat fuse over to the one that runs the windows. Now, even with the key off and out of the truck, I can use the buttons. I love that.

Yea let us know how you do it if you figure it out. Good idea about jumping the windows to the seats, I think I'll do that too.

Yes. It is a load sensing relay. From what I've read, when it is activated, once it senses a load (when the window gets to the top, bottom, or your head is stuck in it, it turns off. I think you can buy the relays at NAPA or anywhere, but I don't have a lead on them as far as a part number. PM Partsguy662 and ask him. I think most use the relay out of a Ford IIRC. Good luck and post up your solution.

OK! I will PM him, and post up my results Thanks everybody for you responses.
The one window mod I did was to jumper the electric seat fuse over to the one that runs the windows. Now, even with the key off and out of the truck, I can use the buttons. I love that.

That is a very handy idea. If you don't mind sharing how you did this. maybe draw out a schematic or tell me the relays you jumped. TIA

I'll take a picture and post up. It takes about 3 seconds. It has good and bad things though. The good thing is, if you drive almost 9 hours to go to the Texas Diesel Nationals in Bayton, Texas and lock the keys in your truck the very first time you step out of the SOB, you can stick a coat hanger in there and hit the automatic down switch and get in. Bad....anyone can do it. :D

I dont have electric seats. Is there another fuse i could jump? Like maybe the one for the 12v outlet under the cigarette lighter?

I'm sure. Just jump a hot to the one that I take a picture of, I can't remember which fuse, but when I get to the truck at lunch, I'll take a shot....a REALLY nice camera phone pic. LOL

Here you go. The blue wire is the jumper.

06-11-09_1145.jpg

And this is my supervisor Sophie that makes sure I only perform the bestest of mods. :hehe: The pic was on my phone so I had to laugh.

05-27-09_0654.jpg

The drunken raccoon picture....PETA is going to climb all over you, Jory..

:hehe:

JohnnyB---By application, I don't have a listing for that relay...HOWEVER, if one of you fellers can locate the relay on your truck and get me the chrysler number off of it (should be 7 or 8 digits with an AA or something after it) I'll see if I can cross it and post it for all of you.. :)

:hehe::hehe:
Great Pic I have something about like that. Something to do with a whiskey bottle and a pack of cigs

Partsguy:Cheer: I'll check the number this evening and get back with ya.:thankyou2:

That ain't drunk. She sits like Jaba the Hut in that log when I feed her each morning. :D

[hyjack]**4x4dually Raccoon hyjack over**[/hyjack] LOL

P.s. Peta Can Kma!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I welcome any of them to my house. I have lots of guns. Maybe I can free up a calf and find a tree to tie them to. :hehe:

Another cool and simple mod is I put a micro switch down under the steering wheel. It breaks the wire to the stupid door open switch. Now I can turn the key on and play the radio with the drivers door open and not listen to that stupid ding ding ding ding......

Another cool and simple mod is I put a micro switch down under the steering wheel. It breaks the wire to the stupid door open switch. Now I can turn the key on and play the radio with the drivers door open and not listen to that stupid ding ding ding ding......

Right...Because closing the door and having the window down just makes no sense.... :hehe:

:hehe: heehaw...heehaw...shut it YANKEE! :hehe: With the door open, it fires the speakers back behind the truck where the welder and work happens. Factory speakers won't blast it out the windows like the old high school setup I had 20 years ago. :D

so i've looked and looked for this relay and i cant find it. The only part number i can give ya is the circuit breaker for the windows. that number is 4604235. If thats not it let me know and I will keep looking. Is this relay part of the window switch itself? Do i need to take the door panel off to get the number?

so i've looked and looked for this relay and i cant find it. The only part number i can give ya is the circuit breaker for the windows. that number is 4604235. If thats not it let me know and I will keep looking. Is this relay part of the window switch itself? Do i need to take the door panel off to get the number?

Ask captain coon farmer for a wiring diagram..That should point out where the relay is.. :Cheer: