powerstroke stalls

fordfreak05

i have a 1999 f250 powerstroke. just replaced the oil pan it was rusted and has sat for a year got everything done it was fine. has a bad injector or 2 from someone putting gas in it ., but it has a miss at idle and smothers out .. been like that for 2 years and was the same after the oil pan..

after it was started after the repair it started up fine glow plugs are a little weak also..

this morning it started ran a little ruff its almost 0* out last night warmed up ran fine. put it in rev and stalled... wont start back up..

if i hit it with either it will start up but kinda slow like it ran out of fuel and is re priming..

it wont start on its own cold or hot..

after i get it running if you push the throttle to 2000 rpm and let off it will stall every time it will almost come to an idel but not just ideles down and stalls.

i replaced the fuel pump, cam sensor, fuel filter(it was super dirty) and the icp.

kinda leading me to the high presser oil pump? or ipr being the injectors dont want to fire on there own until you get it to run you also have to give it a little throttle at start up to make it run/idle

this is a new one on me and it only reads a back presser code and icp was out of range

thanks jason mi..

Can you read the ICP and Duty Cycle of the IPR while cranking? That will tell a lot.

No oil pressure for the injectors to fire. Pump failed or IPR is sticking open. I have had the Pump gear bolt come loose and not turn the pump. Might want to check in this order.

1) HPOP Gear is bolted to Tq spec (95ftlbs)
2) Clean IPR (new o-rings)
3) Use mechanical gauge to test oil pressure in the rails (separate each side).
3a) If 500 or more psi on one side the other side has a leak (inj o-ring)
3b) if 38-40 psi on each side replace pump.

Stuck Plunger on injector also will do it, cap off one side of oil feed to head and try it on each side and that will narrow which side it is on.