PPE Hot +2 on stock tranny

Ive got an 04 LB7 3500 and I just want it to blow some smoke... Is the PPE Hot +2 too much for the tranny? I dont really run my truck hard but I just wanna throw some smoke... Any ideas?

Just leave it on the 120~160 setting and see how you like it

If your pretty careful you'll be ok for awhile. I run mine on level 7 all the time and it smokes like crazy if you want it too. Been running it like that for over a year now....but then again, I'll prolly be gettin my suncoast by the time summer gets here :woohoo:

Ive got an 04 LB7 3500 and I just want it to blow some smoke... Is the PPE Hot +2 too much for the tranny? I dont really run my truck hard but I just wanna throw some smoke... Any ideas?

:hehe:

too bad rim size doesnt directly relate to intelligence :bang

Try it but the tranny not going to like it. Been there done that. Im looking at a tranny now and im not running a ppe any more just a juice with 60% over stock injectors, cant put the juice past level two or it goes in to limp mode.

Thanks for the help guys... I just bought the truck today... I'll probably only keep it for about a year... Its an 04 Crew cab LT 4x4 with 139k miles... I ordered some 22.5s today for it... I only paid 14k for it but I dont want to put alot of money in a tranny... I had an ATS tranny in my old dmax and blew it up a couple times...

If you just want it to blow smoke you can take a utility knife and cut the intercooler boots. It's a free mod and the tranny wont slip either!!

I am pretty sure you can gernade ANY allison, but Im sure tired of rebuilding my purple one!

I had my LLY 3 weeks when I ordered a PPE Hot +2, less then 2 weeks later I was building my tranny (For the first time) from running LVL 4 IIRC (220hp).. PPE makes a great box tuner, but I would not suggest going over the 160 (Flywheel) mark with it on a stock tranny and even thats pushing it.. You could just buy EFI and Load a Smoke tune into your DSP-5 switch and have as much smoke as you want at your fingertips...

i have efi live in my truck with a 350 tune on the stock tranny haha the trany handles the tune fine and i havnt limped it once.

If you have a true 350 horse tune and a stock tranny you will limp it. Punch it in OD and see how it likes it.

If you have a true 350 horse tune and a stock tranny you will limp it. Punch it in OD and see how it likes it.

Agreed, I can make mine cut out with a 120 tune on stock tranny. My 04 LB7 has the tranny software that defuels the engine before it limps the tranny.

Back