PPE stacked with a TST...good combo or bad ??

ChokeonmySmoke

Green Horn
i'm looking to see wich is the best chip i can stack with my TST. i have alot of throttle response on the high end. but not much on the low end. i was wondering if any of u guys have ever used the PPE tuner. or know of someone u stacked there PPE with a TST ???

thanks
:bigsmile:

I've heard some have made some good power with that stack. I've also talked to a few guys that are replacing ecm's because of it.

Personally I would use the Bully Dog or the smarty.

I make really nice smooth power with the BD. As soon as I get the truck back together I am going to give the smarty a try.

Yeah, you can stack it with anything. Give dennis a call at TS.

The mp-8 is all pressure. I wouldn't suggest stacking it with anything else that adds pressure.... When I use crazy larry I use very little of the mp-8. Its mainly on my truck because I had it and the tst before I bought the Bully Dog. The mp-8 does alot of boost fooling which gets the tst started earlier. On the dyno I used just the tst/bully dog.

can i just install injectors and leave the TST box alone. will i get the same type of performance as if i had the TST stacked with another program ??

I would get the Smarty over the PPE. :woohoo:
Got a friend that has the PPE and it makes a horendous racket (timing rattle) on levels above tow mode. He only loads it to dyno or sled pull.

well i was thinking of getting my TST box sent over to TST for reflashing of the twins program. i was reading that it adds fuel at 12 PSI. so i can feel the power soon rather then later. either way i was also reading on the smarty that TST is selling on there web page. How do u like ur smarty stacked with ur TST??? i just wanna get all the info i can before i buy something. i would rather get something that i'm gonna like rather then getting something that i won't like that i paid alot for.

Luken said:
The mp-8 is all pressure. I wouldn't suggest stacking it with anything else that adds pressure.... When I use crazy larry I use very little of the mp-8. Its mainly on my truck because I had it and the tst before I bought the Bully Dog. The mp-8 does alot of boost fooling which gets the tst started earlier. On the dyno I used just the tst/bully dog.

Let me explain the MP-8 a little. The MP-8 is not just all pressure. We reprogram your factory fuel pressure and map sensor without ever exceeding the factory specs. The MP-8 stacks well with just about any downloader. I am running the MP-8/BDDL on my new 06. It runs awesome. The MP-8 power alone is a smooth extra 100 hp. When you add the BDDL downloader to MP-8 the power is not as smooth, but the power the :rockwoot: .

Sheila

ChokeonmySmoke said:
well i was thinking of getting my TST box sent over to TST for reflashing of the twins program. i was reading that it adds fuel at 12 PSI. so i can feel the power soon rather then later. either way i was also reading on the smarty that TST is selling on there web page. How do u like ur smarty stacked with ur TST??? i just wanna get all the info i can before i buy something. i would rather get something that i'm gonna like rather then getting something that i won't like that i paid alot for.

I like it alot:ylsuper:

See my post on NWD about what it did for my 1/4 mile times

Injectors with TST will not act like a stack. The Smarty with the regular non twins with the adjustable timing is the best stack in my opinion for an 04. If you had a modded cp3 and a full billet the mp-8 would add a touch more. The BDDL with out torque management is a lightly modded tranny killer. The BDDL does run cooler than Smarty because of more timing but it is questionable whether the result is too much timing for anything but racing. Have you dynoed at all yet? This is the only way to tune then run the drag strip to see if your actually putting the power to the ground. The Smarty has an instant throttle response so even the 30hp program is sensitive on a rainy day. Kerry

no i never dynoed the truck so i don't know what i puting down to the wheels. i wish i can have someone lend me a smarty or a ppe and see wich one of the 2 do i like the most. i just don't wanna buy something that i may not like. either way thanks for ur info. what do u think of the TST twins program ??

Has anyone used the new xzillerator module from godzilla on any 2006?

Last edited:
I have not tried the PPE, but I have tried BDTD w/CL and Smarty with TST w/twins and EZ stack. Smarty SW 8, TST 2/0 and EZ 3 produced my best two ETs to date. Almost .5 second better than any BDTD CL combo. Just my experience. Click the Smokey link in my signature to see what I mean.

thats a nice video there ramctd....i like the way ur truck smokes. i wish mine can smoke like that.....

greengoat said:
The Smarty has an instant throttle response so even the 30hp program is sensitive on a rainy day. Kerry

Just loaded up the mild version on mine last night, on SW#3 (60HP, like I have been running for daily driving) way more better on the not being touchy.:rockwoot:

I am coming in a little late on this one but had to add my $.02
If you are running the Bully Dog TD downloader - you may want to look
at the Predator modules by Dr. Performance
I have used one and it was a very nice stack...

I have a custom tuned DRP Predator for sale that makes big power and
is good for stacking - if you would like to discuss, PM me and I will tell you about it...