ppump lopes in gear

fordnut

I have a 99 24v that lopes when I put it in gear I have tried everything. It has laser cut dv. Fuel plate 4k springs. The injectors are set to p specs. The only thing I haven't tried is moving the barrels. Its getting really annoying any help would be great.

in gear? i usually set them for 950 hot no load idle. bet yours is getting down to around 600 is where mine will start to lope..

Mines lopey. Park it Idles around 800. In gear its closer to 600.

It doesn't bother me but I'm sure it bothers other people. I get some crazy looks.

I have my '97 set at 850RPM in gear when warm, so 900RPM(ish) in Park. Helps a good deal on the cold winter days and I never need to use the pedal to start the engine unless its below freezing (32* F).

When I first bought the truck the PO had the idle set at 450-500RPM in Park when warm:doh:!. I dont know why.... It was a lopey mofo man! At stop lights in gear with the AC on it was a crazy lope...on the knifes edge of stalling. Then it started stalling. I got the truck in PA (didnt know how to adjust idle at the time) and I took a bit to figure out that I couldnt run the AC or the truck would stall at low RPM (stops). Stalled it a few times at tooth booths on the Turn Pike...:doh:. Without the AC on it idled fine at 500RPM.

If only id have know how to adjust the the idle then, would have saved a bunch of trouble haha.

Last edited:
Mine doesn't lope and the idle is about 600 in gear, but its jumpy as crap cause of the gov springs being tight. Kinda weird

I've had two kinds of lope: 1) the lope I have now which is very mild; and 2) the lope which makes the truck hard to keep from moving forward in gear and shakes the truck like an SOB. The 2nd kind was solved by adjusting governor tension. I think I loosened it, has been a very long time. The 1st kind of lope is due mostly to delivery valves I have.

You have any video of your truck loping?

When you free rev it does the engine feel smooth all the way through the rpm range(ie no bad vibration)?

My last pump had a kind of lope/chop to it and i fixed it by turning a couple barrels a tad. takes some time that way though

It is smooth all the way to 4k. Could the gov springs be to tight.with stock dv it is really bad but with bigger dv its not as bad. Its smooth at idle in n but in gear it lope.

I have to keep idle above 700-750rpm in gear or mine will lope.

what size lines/tubes are you running?

I have set the idle at 950 and it still lopes in gear. Any ideas could the gov springs not be set right.

yes they very well could be.. they always are between 5 1/2 to 5 3/4 turns in on the gov spring nut..