Price to Balance?

cant we put it on some saw horses spin it around and weld some washers to it?

check with wallace engine company in middle river he has been building air plane and racing motor for over 50 years.

cant we put it on some saw horses spin it around and weld some washers to it?

Thats my kind of thinking! weigh the rods and pistons on a bathroom scale, and balance the clutch on a tire balance machine:rockwoot:

...We need to mic my bores this weekend so i can order my new pistons

check with wallace engine company in middle river he has been building air plane and racing motor for over 50 years.

ok I will have to look into them.

...Thank god I got that motor off of you this summer, Im gonna need some parts off it to fix my puller. I guess your not supposed to go pulling when you have burnt valves *bdh*

Does anyone know of a place to have the rotating assembly balanced in Texas? Only places I could find wanted $400-450 to do just the crank, rods and pistons.

Wallace Engine Company

let me know what you need i have some extra engine parts laying around in bins. i found that 24v pick up tube that goes to that engine as well if you want it.

Does anyone know of a place to have the rotating assembly balanced in Texas? Only places I could find wanted $400-450 to do just the crank, rods and pistons.

We're in N TX, but dynamic balance to 1gm for an inline is $145 (assuming no Mallory metal).

Last edited:
Yea i was figuring them in with the pistons, should have put them in the post

Yes anything that swings around on the crank on the inside of the engine has to be included when you balance