primary for a 66mm

B18B1LS1

What primary is a good match for a 66mm on a 12-valver? 88mm-91mm? Assume the truck has plenty of fuel and rpm. I know an s480 will make 1000 hp but it seems a little to close to be used effectively.

Jeffrey

Jeffery, people are telling me a 480 for my Silver Bullet, I would match it with the fresh T-88 I have but the 98' is not high in the priority scale right now.

Jim

That is where I was leaning. You can find good deals on t88's if you look around the gasser world. Granted this would be a ways down the road if ever, but if I come across a deal you never know.

I'm courious on there prices, this on is a Ball Bearing unit, Y2K trim with a .98 housing with fresh teardown/rebuild. You'll see it shortly on the site along with the T-66 in the same shape.

Jim

Jim, I havent been looking at any of the Y2K t88's, it would be tough to find a good one under $2000 I bet. I was looking at regular 88's with the larger turbine sizes, seems you can find those in the $1000-$1200 range.

Jim, I havent been looking at any of the Y2K t88's, it would be tough to find a good one under $2000 I bet. I was looking at regular 88's with the larger turbine sizes, seems you can find those in the $1000-$1200 range.

They can be found for that price with a fresh rebuild/checkout!

Cliff, what about a Silver Bullet and a T-106? Currently has a 1.34 housing on it but I can get a 1.10.

Jim

a 66 is a big wheel, at this size, it's a competition level setup, so, why not make the best of all possible turbo compounding. A turbo that can push 2x the air of a 66mm wheel is actually a 93mm wheel.

Silver Bullet? is that a 71 mm wheel? if so, a T106 could do the job.

Note: this is all theory, practice will take some adaptation.

It's just the 66 wheel with a 74 turbine as listed.

The main reason why is I have the 106 and a 50mm gate.

Jim

I'm not sure what the specs are on these two turbo's but would a Phat bastard or a Big Brother work as a primary with the bullet?

Justin

I'm not sure what the specs are on these two turbo's but would a Phat bastard or a Big Brother work as a primary with the bullet?

Justin

Both would work well! The big one was be a bit of a pain to mount!

Jim

True, turbine sizes make a big difference...but that math is something you really dont want to see as the temps are high enough that the cold air standard assumption does not apply

Both would work well! The big one was be a bit of a pain to mount!

Jim
:evil:evil One of the set's from INDUSTRIAL INJECTION I am trying this year.....combined with a modded 24V / 13mm p-pump and some*nx*

Attachments

• IMG_0362.JPG
    IMG_0362.JPG
    76.9 KB · Views: 60
What kind of AR options on the S480's with race cover? I don't really have a hp goal right now, just looking for a good match to my 66/68/.83 that I can spool reasonably well. The prices of the 88/91's also appeal to me if they are good choices.

From what I hear the 88 does not hold up well in our (diesel) application.