problems lighting turbo on CR

inline only

wanna be
Its a long story I'll make it as short as possible
Last year pulled a 06 with stg 3 CP3, flux 4, ED 2.6,stock cam, Smarty and MP8. Ran real good could get going on the sled no problem.
Sold all my parts from my 06 to a buddy and bought a built 12 valve
Got tired of being beat by my buddy and so many adjustments on a 12 valve
Bought a built 06; Dual Cp3s, Scheid cam, Forced inductions 2.8 charger, 300hp injectors, Smarty, Edge EZ
Couldn't get truck to come off the line without dogging down, final drive ratio is less than last year. Kept turning smarty down and did better still not like last year.
Thought I had too big of injectors so went to Flux 4.3s, just changed nozzles.
Still same problem.
Ran my buddies turbo that I ran last year, little better still not right
Now I'm thinking maybe one or more injectors may have a high return rate dropping rail pressure too much? With having dual CP3s would you not see starting issues like you do with a stock CP3 and bad injectors?
If anyone can understand my problem and has any ideas let me know.

NV 4500 in current truck. 488s running 4th low, truck last year was G56 running 4th low and sometimes 2nd high

Scheid stg2 stock valve lash.

It might be worth while to find out if you have clearance to run a little tighter lash. I Know it helped me spool about 100 or so rpm lower it might just be enough. Might try pulling some more fuel out also.

It is the "Fine Finish" truck that was for sale here. I saw it at Falls City, NE and he doesn't really get on top of the charger.

That truck has issues at every pull I've seen it at what's the railpressure doing

Holy cow, with 488s you should be able to pull direct, what turbine on the charger?

Here is the video from Falls City.

It is at the 1:20 mark
[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRkqMDMzxtw[/MEDIA]

That truck has issues at every pull I've seen it at what's the railpressure doing

I never seem to get a look at what the gauges are reading on the track, I have my injectors at a shop to be checked for leak to return right now.

i just recently found out i had a bad fca on the bottom pump for over 2yrs and didnt know any different still made 800+

What size exhaust housing are you running? How much drive pressure?

.90 housing, no drive pressure gauge. I guess I can't see drive pressure being an issue as I had no problems at all last year and alot of other trucks out there with same set-up.

Program

How about this. Truck used to be an automatic- what if no one reprogrammed the ECM and told it it was a manual. Would it run at all? I noticed it throws about 4 transmission codes, I would think if it was programed right it would not do that. Could it be in a partial limp mode?

If a CR cant light a little 83 in a .9 housing with 4.88's there is serious problem somewhere....
Brandon

around what rpm did you leave at? sounds like you took off fairly soft

Back