problems starting?

FORDPWR

i have a 03 f250 and it has the banks PDA. last fall i brought it to the ford shop because it would start and die start and die and it would eventually drain my bats. They rplaced the fuel pump and did a reflash. The problem seemed to go away, but once winter got here it got a little colder and now it does the same thing. if i cylce the plugs twice it helps but when it fires ithe motor kinda bounces around a little bit then it smooths out. It normally only does it if it sits overnight or if its really cold outside and it sits for more than 8 hours. Soo if you have any ideas of what it could be that would be great.
Thanks

It could be bad injectors, a bad ICP or a bad IPR. My money goes on all 3 and an HPOP that's about to take a dump. Start by disconnecting the PDA to see if any difference is noticeable.

Last edited:
i keep the programer on stock when i start it, it helps alot.

sounds like injector issue. i would a inj. power balance (cold) you will need to use an IDS or find a shop that does.

May want to check FICM voltage and eliminate that also. Easy check and eliminates that end of the equation.

Invest in a scan tool if you want to fix your own stuff, you need to know what the electronics are reading and doing.

Well my banks PDA reads codes but its not pulling any. my uncle owns a shop and they have a scanner there, so im gonna try that.

When it gets cold you may try switching oil to 5w40 also do you add any fuel additive something with cetane boost there are many kinds here's one i use AMSOIL Fuel Additives and Performance Improver

cetane is a additive that makes diesel fuel ignite faster i usually start with the small things try some see what happens it also lubricates injectors

Last edited: