Problems with location of drain for turbo

supraman95

How are you guys doing the drain for the turbo? The turbo is really low and I am not sure how you get the oil over to the drain. The drain would need to go up and over the motor mount in order to get to the front drain. Do you guys have this problem?

I have a 98 12V motor with a 3rd gen manifold.

Last edited:
This one has been running for over a year on the street with several hooks to a sled with no problems.

CONVERSION_II_014-450x350.jpg

CONVERSION_II_013-450x350.jpg

CONVERSION_II_015-450x350.jpg

I used 90* split flange to JIC fittings. Cut the split flange off and welded the ends to the drain tube and the turbo drain.

Thanks that is what I needed to see.

What turbo is that? is it on a 12V with a 3rd gen manifold?

I did basically the same as Kevin, exceipt I cut the factory tube and and changed the angle and re welded it, then on the motor side I cut about 2" of the block nipple.

We use a flexible one piece drain like the CR's only longer. Kevins set up looks like a good route as well. Chris

I second the long flexible metal drain. Call up Jeff at Mumau, he has them in stock. I used one on the excursion I just did and routed it the same as kevins pic. Worked fantastic.

Ditto Mo Smokes design. Just cut and bend and reweld the pipe. ITS FREE! Ive run it for 20k miles with no problems