Programming problem

Alright i have been running the ssr in the pulling truck and now that winter is on our doorstep the puller wont be leaving the garage. So the plan was to take the ssr out of the puller and play around with it in the daily driver and make a mileage program with it.
Problem is, i went to pull it out and it keeps telling me error 01 programming aborted. I have the fuses and relay pulled for the abs and fuel pump like always. I have a battery charger on it and it still wont happen. I called bob but got source automotive instead because bob is at sema. Bill at SA told me to do a hard reboot by turning the key on and unhooking the battery for one minute. Then put the batter cable back on with the key still on. Now i have a code that wont clear p0630 vin not programmed in pcm.

What do i do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while driving a loaded concrete truck.

sounds like an ECM failure... not uncommon for an 05 by any means :eek:

disconnecting batteries doesn't really do anything on a Dodge. I certainly wouldn't recommend reconnecting the batteries with the key on.

Hollar at me if you need an ECM, we've got some 05 ECM's kicking around

Last edited:
well I should be able to confirm the status of my ecm this weekend. I have a stock pump thats coming off a different truck to throw on for diag purposes and I have my injectors back and ready to reinstall.
The recovery file I got from marco was able to at least give me hope its ok but I cant be for sure until the truck runs on its own. It will not however reprogram with the smarty anything other than the recovery file. so I am in the midst of putting 1.6b on it right now and I am going to see if it will load into my megacab. if it crashes that one too I'm gonna be pissed as it is the last source of transportation to get me to work on monday.

well that was a fail... the smarty is still vin locked into the puller and wont reprogram in it either. I'm screwed huh!?

can I take the ecm out of the 05 and put it in the 06 and see if it works or will it see the difference in the 2 trucks?