Project 007

Aggie007

I have had a couple of buddies help me out with this, and I can't thank them enough.

Sneak peak of what my badges will look like, a friend of mine is still looking for fonts for me.
32167.jpg
">

unloading the CTD into my garage.
30698.jpg
">

The CTD is so long and heavy, and I didn't want to take the chance of a mis-hap in my garage so we supported the front of the engine on the stand till I am ready to install it.
30707.jpg

I would kill for either of these, now I have both, what to do...lol
30723.jpg

Disassembly after the first day.
30724.jpg

Rear smoothed.
30943.jpg

30948.jpg

Hard at work......
30953.jpg

I have a few more plugs to weld in on the front and then clean up and paint.
30955.jpg

More pics can be seen here: <a target=_new href="/visit.asp?http://www.truckblog.com/gallery/gallery.asp?gid=435">http://www.truckblog.com/gallery/gallery.asp?gid=435</a>

The frame still needs to be buffed and cleared, but here are some rough pics of the rear.
32091.jpg

32092.jpg

Modded fuel pick-up. A 3/8" fuel pick up will support 550hp, so I left it 3/8" for now.
31647.jpg

304SS air intake elbow with silver soldered bracket for MAF sensor
31649.jpg

BTS Transmission - painted and ready to be installed
32094.jpg

T-Case
32103.jpg

Engine
32097.jpg

32099.jpg

I am debating between 7" lift and 36's or twin turbos, right now twins is winning the battle, but will be a lot more fab and time.

Destroked trans adapter plate.
32121.jpg

32122.jpg

Flex-plate mounted.
32123.jpg

Had to trim the starter to get it to fit.
32125.jpg

Had to trim the block a bit too.
32127.jpg

Starter mounted.
32128.jpg

Engine ready to go.
32129.jpg

This is a few pics from Saturday.
BTS Trans:
32157.jpg

Engine installed:
32159.jpg

Last edited:
Thats an awesome project, basically the exact same thing I wish was made at the Ford plant. Guess you like silver too? Great pics also....keep us up to date. Looking forward to see the finished project.

Looks good man...definately go twins-unless your keepin it stock (yeah right!!). What all are you gonna do to the engine, and how much power you lookin for?

[QUOTE='strokeThis_'07]Looks good man...definately go twins-unless your keepin it stock (yeah right!!). What all are you gonna do to the engine, and how much power you lookin for?[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

I am looking for 550hp. I bought a '06 turbo I want to run on top of a S400. Economical and dependable daily driver with lots of go. I have been admiring 94ttss (Kai's) twin setup, who has helped me out with this.

Current Mods:
ATS intake manifold
ATS exhaust manifold (2 piece)
Fass 150/150
Arp head studs
Stock CP3

Soon to be mods:
ATS 3-piece 24V manifold
"Towing" twins - stock '06 over S400
Flux 1 (40hp injectors)
Either Smarty with TST stack or just a VanAaken C5

Looks real good Bart.
You still need this reciever I have with me ? I gotta run by Joe's shop this weekend..I can drop it off at his place or yours if you're gonna be around.

great looking work.

is that a brand new Cummins motor you are dropping in, or did you just clean it up real well?

was your truck a 7.3 or 6.0?

He got a brand new crate motor Will. It was a gasser...but the gas motor was a supercharged 5.4 from a Lightning.
Bart's always had a really nice truck...it's just getting better now.

Unbrokens got it, new Cummins to replace a gasser.
Yes, I still need the receiver. Also might see if you have a few other things too. I am going to get it running and driving before the twins in case something might be wrong, plus I really dont have the extra cash and time to throw at it right now. I have a three day weekend so I will be around. I am only 10min or so from Joes shop. I'll give you a call later in the week to set something up.

Dockboy said:
Looks great Bart!!!!

A little nicer than my hunk of rust!!! LOL

I wasn't going to paint it, then I saw how many people flamed you for your rusty block, plus this is the only time I will ever be able to do it, so painted it got.

I wanted to go with a charcoal color on the engine and drivetrain, but I had a bunch of silver left over from a few years ago and I needed to use it before it goes bad.

Looks awesome Bart. Not bad For and AGGIE! LOL It looks killer, and will run even better.