Project 10.0's

J.Keith

Pro Diesel Tech
Official picture/progress thread for my current project.
Customer is looking for VERY low 10's and I've been commissioned to get this truck there. I'll start off with a few pics of the beginning of the project

The engine and transmission

CopyofSuperdutyCummins003.jpg

CopyofSuperdutyCummins004.jpg

Missing a 6.0?

CopyofSuperdutyCummins005.jpg

Cleanest engine I've ever torn down. It had 40k on the clock and the inside is spotless.

SuperdutyCummins007.jpg

Stripped down and ready for a good cleaning.

SuperdutyCummins008.jpg

Why do they put that stupid crappy clearcoat on everything?

SuperdutyCummins009.jpg

So, that brings us to today. We're waiting on the cam, springs, pushrods, studs and lots of other parts but I got the head back from the machine shop and got it cleaned and painted.

SuperdutyCummins001.jpg

SuperdutyCummins002.jpg

I will paint the lower valve cover just didn't have time to clean and sand it today. Also, I think I'll mill off the posts that hold the plastic cover and smooth it out better. Mainly just testing the color scheme.

More updates as we progress!

Jeremy

It used to just be me and Adam with Ford Blue motors...now every Ford conversion has that color. I knew we had good taste. LOL

Ya know, my first attempt was using Cummins Red but it just didn't look right sitting in the black truck. By the way Rich, Robbie says he had the idea first and you copied him.....I'll let you guys hash that out. All I know is it's gonna look damn sharp.

Some more parts showed up today!
SuperdutyCummins011.jpg

Just waiting on the cam to finish up the engine now.

Jeremy

what configuration is the truck???

What charger setup?

#2 only or is customer gonna run N2O???

C-ya

Is that Robbie's truck ?
That's the one.

SmokeShow said:
what configuration is the truck???

What charger setup?

#2 only or is customer gonna run N2O???

C-ya

The truck is a 2006 F250 4x4 extended cab short bed.
Right now we're going to run a big single with an external gate and LOTS of N2O. Planning on running it one season like that then build a large set of compounds and see what we can do at 5000+ ft on #2 only.

SuperDave4x4 said:
How much is that truck gonna tip the scales at? F250 in the 10s correct?

I'm hoping that we can get it to 6600lbs or so. Gonna be a little tough though, we're starting out at 7300 and thats with a lot of stuff out of the truck already.
So, gonna be needing 1050+ hp at the wheels. :nos:

Jeremy

Glad to hear Robbie is getting back in the game.

He never got out of it! I just had him busy with mine lol...Now my truck is going to rot:badidea: He just doesn't get around a computer much anymore.

Got some more work done today.

Installing the Hamilton Diesel 110# springs
SuperdutyCummins013.jpg

Source has really designed a great tool with this one. Literally 5 mins per cylinder to put in the new springs.
SuperdutyCummins014.jpg

Also pulled the pistons to have them cut, installed the Hamilton Diesel Black Lightning cam, and finished cleaning the block and got it painted.
SuperdutyCummins015.jpg

SuperdutyCummins018.jpg

Set the head on it with the valve cover just to see how it looked.

SuperdutyCummins019.jpg

SuperdutyCummins020.jpg

Getting there!

Jeremy.

Well I've messed with these a time or two:Cheer:
This should be the highest hp Cummins that I've built so far. My previous best was a mid 700hp VP motor.
This will be the first motor that I've used the :nos: on though.

You built the first one?
As much as you can call a VP motor with stock internals built. I did have an expert turbo guy build the twins though :rockwoot: That and give lots of good advice and help in lots of other ways. Hi Sean :Cheer: Swing by the shop and check it out some time!