Project 10.0's

Well, the motor is together, spent a lot of time cleaning and painting brackets and other parts. Should be sitting in the truck by the middle of next week.

A few more progress shots.
SuperdutyCummins021.jpg

SuperdutyCummins022.jpg

SuperdutyCummins023.jpg

Jeremy

Since I'm keeping up with the thread about this truck over on CF I might as well keep up with this one too.

Scott

Progress!
SuperdutyCummins024.jpg

SuperdutyCummins025.jpg

Got the motor set in and the mounts fabbed up.
Forgot my camera so forgive the crap cell phone pics

Jeremy

Not bashing at all...but are those mounts thick enough ?
They look kinda thin in the pic....maybe add some gussets ?

Yes and no. They mount the motor right where it needs to be but I just built them as templates. I am having a fabricator/welder friend of mine build the real thing out of 3/8 plate. I make no claim at being able to fab high quality stuff, I know my limits LOL. I made those out of 3/16 plate just because it's easier to cut.

Really? I was judging off the thickness of the material that the Destroked mounts are made of. They're only 5/16. But, it can't hurt to overkill on these. I'm gonna have him gusset the mounts when he builds the real things.

Really? I was judging off the thickness of the material that the Destroked mounts are made of. They're only 5/16. But, it can't hurt to overkill on these. I'm gonna have him gusset the mounts when he builds the real things.

Try 1/2":poke:

The mounts that we got are only 5/16. I'm 90% positive about that.
But, sounds like 1/2" is the way to go so we'll do that.

The mounts that we got are only 5/16. I'm 90% positive about that.
But, sounds like 1/2" is the way to go so we'll do that.

Scott's mounts are 1/2" and I am 100% positive of that ;)

Are you sure you don't have some Fordcummins.com mounts?

Picked them up from Scott's shop.....I'll throw a caliper on them in the morning and take a picture. Hope I'm wrong. It's either that or he gave me the wrong mounts.

Picked up the mounts today. They turned out AWESOME and should hold just fine.

New ones sitting by the DeStroked mounts
SuperdutyCummins028.jpg

This shows the difference in thickness between the two
SuperdutyCummins031.jpg

And theres some nice support to these
SuperdutyCummins033.jpg

Just waiting on the tranny now, paint a few more parts and then I can set the motor for good.

Jeremy

Just to clarify, there is NOTHING wrong with Scott's mounts I just didn't feel comfortable with them considering how much HP we're going to be running. I would use Scott's mounts in a minute if I was running under 600hp or so. Way easier than building your own.

Update
The engine, transmission and tcase are all in and mounted. On to the fun part. Wiring. After digging through a pile of schematics and using Bean's info I put together a diagram the will hopefully be helpful for others doing conversions. I'll change it if it's wrong but I'm going to dig into the real thing tomorrow. I have to have pictures to work from.
Wiringpinoutdiagram.jpg

If anyone wants the fullsize image I'll be glad to email it to you.

I'll try to remember to take the camera tomorrow and get pics of the mounts and the way I did the tranny mount as well.

Jeremy

Looks good Jeremy. I'm trying to get my wiring done too so I will be watching your thread. Good luck

Some more pics of the progress

Driver's side mount.
SuperdutyCummins041.jpg

Passenger side
SuperdutyCummins040.jpg

Pretty simple modifications to the Ford tranny mount. Raised it 1.25''.
SuperdutyCummins039.jpg

SuperdutyCummins038.jpg

And, how it looks from the front.
SuperdutyCummins036.jpg

Been working on the fuel system, have the new pickup installed in the tank, the FASS all put together and ready to go. Just waiting on some fittings and lines.

Jeremy

How much HP are you going to be running to get that truck into the 10's?