Project Slow Motion

imcummin

to the dark side
It seems as though this conversion is taking forever. We have been working on this for about a year and a half. Really bustin ass the last 3 months in hopes of making TS. A few nights ago I came to the realization that the truck wasn't going to be ready for the 700 mile trip to Kentucky.
angryfire.gif
I was really looking forward to showing the thing off at TS. I'm sure I'm gonna miss another fun weekend down there. I guess there is next year.

I've been posting progress pics on another site but nothing here. So I decided to put some pics up tonight.

Thanks to everyone who has answered any of my questions on the forums.:Cheer:

cumminsbuildup003.jpg

39.jpg

42.jpg

8.jpg

48.jpg

DSC00644.jpg

0421091436.jpg

0423091239.jpg

0427091357.jpg

0428090919.jpg

0428091639.jpg

0429090157.jpg

100_2319_2.jpg

100_2320_2.jpg

cumminsbuildup003-1.jpg

Nice looking conversion...

Were you able to keep the power steering pump in the factory location? Mine didn't fit. Also, where is your power steering tank resorvoir? I'd like to move mine and redo my battery mounting.

Did your engine come from Toledo?

look good.. what did you do to the motor.. looks like stock intake manifold and stock turbo? any plans for that? love the paint looks sharp and simple

Nice looking conversion...

Were you able to keep the power steering pump in the factory location? Mine didn't fit. Also, where is your power steering tank resorvoir? I'd like to move mine and redo my battery mounting.

Did your engine come from Toledo?

I used all dodge acc. and they all fit fine. I forget the name of the company but I think the engine did come from OH.

look good.. what did you do to the motor.. looks like stock intake manifold and stock turbo? any plans for that? love the paint looks sharp and simple

Thanks. In the third pic you can see the aftermarket turbo. I swapped everything while the engine was still on the crate. F1 springs, cam, and injectors, HTT turbo, and studs. Hoping for 600 hp when I get it dialed in.
I will be running a smarty and an mp8.

Looks good! What all is left to be done before a big road trip?

The cooling fan keeps coming on strong as if it is overheating. The gauge doesn't show it getting hot though. I'm thinking there is an air bubble in my upper rad. hose that is not letting coolant flow. -or- I have a bad coolant sender. -or- I wired the fan wrong. That is what kept me from TS. Otherwise I just have to tidy up some wires under the hood, charge the ac, get the electric 4x4 switch hooked up, and adjust the shift points with the PCS. The fan deal is the only thing that worried me though. I should have just barrowed a trailer and towed the damn thing down!

Coolant temp, AC pressure, and trans temp all can factor into the ECM to cause the fan to lock up (high speed). At least on my 04 it was this way...

It takes about 45 seconds for the viscous clutch to lock up (or unlock) on the fan once it gets the signal (I ran a switch to manually lock it if needed).