prototype head gasket installed

so you can either have machine work done for traditional o-rings or you can go out and buy a boroscope with the correct eyepiece that will fit through the Cummins injector hole?

yeah, I'll just go with what works :eek:

my fire-rings are holding up just fine with my little ole arp studs...

028-1.jpg

haha not problem and another lesson learned from tonight, i was going to pull the pistons, I jacked the motor up to pull the oil pan and some how my floor jack slipped and dropped the motor and when the motor fell it flipped the oil pan up catching my hand smashing it, so a gash 1 1/2" long and 3/8" deep and 6 stitches later, but luckily its not broken.

Alright. Ur gonna have to explain that.:Throwup:

I'm assuming thats what the picture is of.

i got the head back today, it pressure tested fine, but when I picked it up the guy said it was warped way bad, I asked him where and he said by #2 and #3, which happened to be where my gasket had blown, and were the pistons got nicked. He said usually on most heads, about .004" is all they have to take off, but mine they had to take off .012", so I am wondering now, if this was the reason I had the problem I did with the gasket instead, of the rings not being set right. Hopefully my pistons will be done tomorrow so I can get it back together next week before I go to work.

I installed mine last night and so far everything went well. rings are all in place, gonna finish buttoning it up tonight and see how she runs.

no groove, they are held in place by the custom made gasket. Not hard to keep them in place if you are able to set your head on straight. If you bounce it around you will mess it up like any gasket.

So far, no problems, he's gonna do another retorque on the studs and then beat on it a little harder.

As rob said, I am testing it a little right now but need one more retorque before I can get on it hard.

is the gasket still settling ?

how many times you had to run the valves?

go get some, let me know how it does

is the gasket still settling ?

how many times you had to run the valves?

go get some, let me know how it does

Haven't checked it since you left. Only a few miles on it. It's smooth though with a little tuning.

i blowed my head gasket over a year ago and we put a stock gasket with my allen bolts and so far so good. i was running the smarty 14 tune but i am running the 23 now. i did stop running the box turned up while towing my sled puller. i try to keep my boost below 32 lb. the drive pressure is crazy with the stock turbo. i do like the exhaust brake though.

Back