PRW Flexplate

jessmeistertc

Pro Driver
Pros and cons of the PRW platinum flexplate? read that on a few trucks that after install of these flexplates, the pumps burnt up. Need to buy a new flexplate. Trashed my laminated plate. between a PRW and a billet one.

Jesse B.

wanting to know the same. Patc offers a shim to go between the trans and engine for like 70 bucks to eliminate buring up the pump. But i just want to know how strong these are...

Bought one and had it installed with a trans rebuild, spaced the converter wrong and ruined the pump. PRW told me and the trans builder/installer my DTT "worked fine the previous 10000 miles and the 30000 before that in Rip Rooks truck" converter was built wrong. Put the stocker back with a welded insert and it's been going strong since. Ended up getting a full refund, but not enough to cover the pump.

-Dustin-

Last edited:
i have had one for about 6 months. i had some problems with it bolting up to a ats converter. other than that its been good

i think what matters is it has 1/8" of clearance between the flexplate and converter when installed before bolting the two together

Yes Ive installed 6 PRW plates and all have had 1/8 clearance between converter and flexplate before bolted together. I have a billet plate here that has egg shaped holes and was a pain in my ass for the 4 yrs I ran it.

Lavon

mine works great with a spacer in it. if your having a converter built have the builder shorten it an 1/8th inch

i had to put the converter on a lath and take some off the center part. the flexplate wouldn't fit tight up aginst the converter

now these are the replies i like to hear... it seems all the issues with these plates comes from improper installs. I have yet to read about anyone breaking one. My setup should only be around 600 rwhp so im not too worried...

ok. so i am gonna need a flexplate and a spacer then? I have a Goerend Triple Disk w/ billet cover. best place/price to buy PRW flexplate and spacer? Thanks

Wish they would have told me I needed a spacer before the install. Even after I called they said my converter was made wrong. Eh, one I got is running fine and it didn't cost me $200 + a $70 spacer. I think it was a $15 insert or something like that.

I will say I found a PRW for like $130 when I bought mine, somewhere out of Michigan.

-Dustin-

I broke two of them.. I had a goerend triple disk with billet cover had almost 3/16s play between plate and converter. I ended up buying a billet one from goerend and had no problems and its still being ran in a friends truck. They did warranty them out for me and on the second gave me a refund. Truck made 450hp on rear wheels just letting you know..

I broke two of them.. I had a goerend triple disk with billet cover had almost 3/16s play between plate and converter. I ended up buying a billet one from goerend and had no problems and its still being ran in a friends truck. They did warranty them out for me and on the second gave me a refund. Truck made 450hp on rear wheels just letting you know..

How did they break and what were you doing?

Wish they would have told me I needed a spacer before the install. Even after I called they said my converter was made wrong. Eh, one I got is running fine and it didn't cost me $200 + a $70 spacer. I think it was a $15 insert or something like that.

I will say I found a PRW for like $130 when I bought mine, somewhere out of Michigan.

-Dustin-

$200 is for the 6.7 plate, the 5.9 plate is $169. I found it cheaper elsewhere but nobody has the spacer plate. By the time i payed the two shipping costs i could have ordered both from patc. I am interested in more info on this $15 insert though...

here is what happened to my laminated plate. got the PRW platinum and the spacer, and so far so good. Havent thrashed on it yet too much tho.

PART951301183458033.jpg