PSC hydraulic assist

I just have their ram, tapped the steering box myself. It works very good, I’m running 41.5 inch tires and have no problem turning.

I just have their ram, tapped the steering box myself. It works very good, I’m running 41.5 inch tires and have no problem turning.

im just on 33's but run a locker in front and leaving the line at 27-29 lbs of boost rips the steering wheel out of my hand at times. i have a red head steering box that they tapped for me. i just wanna run psc ram and lines

I've been around the 'redneck ram assist' and it's pretty impressive. That being said, you can get everything from PSC (PSC Motorsports Online). Really all you need is the lines and an actuater. You can use your stock pump and drill/tap holes in the stock gear box. I upgraded to an AGR pump, but I don't know if it really changed anything.

I've been around the 'redneck ram assist' and it's pretty impressive. That being said, you can get everything from PSC (PSC Motorsports Online). Really all you need is the lines and an actuater. You can use your stock pump and drill/tap holes in the stock gear box. I upgraded to an AGR pump, but I don't know if it really changed anything.

already have the 09 gear box and pump setup with clear tank. just something to do over winter and see if i can get into DPC haha

already have the 09 gear box and pump setup with clear tank. just something to do over winter and see if i can get into DPC haha

It takes so much stress off of your track bar. Your whole front end will last longer and your steering will feel super effortless and tight. The only downside is the steering 'speed' drops. So if you had to do a quick maneuver, it's harder. I'm sure that could be addressed with flow and actuator size adjustment.

I have the redneck setup in my F350. I love it.

It takes so much stress off of your track bar. Your whole front end will last longer and your steering will feel super effortless and tight. The only downside is the steering 'speed' drops. So if you had to do a quick maneuver, it's harder. I'm sure that could be addressed with flow and actuator size adjustment.

yea i also heard that. i have cross over steering from off road already with heim joints and a custom track bar to match steering and clear everything on a lowered truck. guess ill have to try it and just see

Do you guys have a diagram or picture or something of what this widget is?

heres what mine looks like....

Although it might be fine, I would not recommend mounting this off your diff cover. That's just asking for deflection and leaks!

I'd recommend something more like this, and also securing the lines a little better.
185873d1115215243-98-xj-fullwidth-build-up-pics-xj_steering1.jpg

The Diff cover is 1/4 inch welded plate. This is what the guys on pirate 4x4 suggested for mounting. 10,000K on it so far, no leaks and turns easy.

The Diff cover is 1/4 inch welded plate. This is what the guys on pirate 4x4 suggested for mounting. 10,000K on it so far, no leaks and turns easy.

That's good. Like I said, it might work just fine. It's just a bad design practice to put a big load on a gasketed joint.
It does look pretty clean that way, and you're wasting less force since you're at less of a steering angle.

Do you ever have problems when your suspension is fully extended? It looks like the lines would tug.

No problems with the lines yet. But I do plan on giving them more slack and fatter zap ties. I didn't really think about the engineering behind mounting the cyl. I saw a lot of guys running it that way on pirate 4x4. It was a monkey see monkey do type of fab.

Oh, and BTW..anyone thinking of this upgrade. It's awesome. One thing I didn't even think about, was the fact the cyl acts like the most powerful shock absorber in the world. I had a bit of death wobble with the truck before in the install. Never felt it again after.

Does anyone have detailed instructions on where exactly you drill the holes in the gear box?

Back