Public Notice

no, idle is fine, when it is on load.

on monday I will post pictures, of what probmlems I'm having

Last edited:
[QUOTEto illionoise (sorry if I spelled your name incorrectly) what type of camshaft our you using, is it stock, is it aftermarket, if it is after market who makes the cam, what is the rockwell test.[/QUOTE]

I havnt run it yet but I have a Hamilton 220/240 cam that has .360 lift intake and exhaust. Zach will have to tell you the Rockwell hardness

no, idle is fine, when it is on load.

on monday I will post pictures, of what probmlems I'm having

Being on the exhaust side it could be from the heat but more than likely the shorter install height is putting some bind on it or its maxing out. Most of your metals that can take extreme heat is also more often than not extremely hard and most of the extremely hard metals are extremely brittle. Because of the hardness the material cracks extrremely easily and it doesn't have as much ability to bend or twist. If your spring were to max out and the rocker is still compressing than the spring is going to try to smash itself out like a pancake to absorb the energy but the spring has nowhere to go because its not designed to overlap rungs. I'm led to believe the shorter install height is a main factor in your issue. .100" could make a huge difference

Being on the exhaust side it could be from the heat but more than likely the shorter install height is putting some bind on it or its maxing out. Most of your metals that can take extreme heat is also more often than not extremely hard and most of the extremely hard metals are extremely brittle. Because of the hardness the material cracks extrremely easily and it doesn't have as much ability to bend or twist. If your spring were to max out and the rocker is still compressing than the spring is going to try to smash itself out like a pancake to absorb the energy but the spring has nowhere to go because its not designed to overlap rungs. I'm led to believe the shorter install height is a main factor in your issue. .100" could make a huge difference

I agree. A hundred thou could easily be causing coil bind to the point of breaking springs, especially if it was close to begin with.

well this thing was just wrong from the begining.

upon further investigation, the injector was also causing issues (excessive heat)
the injector was slightly at an angle and causing the injector to bind when it was tightend, inturn was causing timing issues on 3 of the cylinders.

and the spring issue, the rotator that was installed was causing the locks to seat further down, the locks were so far down it looked like it was about to come threw the bottom, so when I was installing everything, the locks were installed to proper height, but when the engine ran for 2 minutes, it would start seating the locks further down, when I was measuring the lock for the first time, they were about -0.089 differnce, after the heads were pulled, they were reading -0.110, the ones on the springs that broke couldnt get a read on it.

this is just a big nightmare, at least we have it figured out, I will not buy cores for this engine ever again, all new for me.

just another day.......