Puck/Predator stack, PLEASE HELP!

DAT DOOD

I have my truck's setup in the sig block. I run the Predator on extreme pretty much all the time and love it, but any time I turn the Puck on it holds the revs much longer between gears. If I'm running it real hard it'll actually increase RPM's by about 200 as soon as I press the clutch even though I'm not in the throttle. Is there a quick fix anyone knows of? Sounds like too much rail pressure, but will a set of bigger injectors fix it? Please help. I try to fix things myself but I need advice on this one.

is it surging at all, i've had a few people complain about that and hold rpm's for a while. have you tried running the puck on 90 and the pred on say 70?

Are you running a stack tune on the Predator? If not when you turn the Puck on it could be raising the RP enough that it causes what you are describing.

Sounds like you are spiking the rail pressure and the rpm stay up or go up because there is no where for the extra pressure to go when you let off the throttle. You have to learn to drive around it because there is no fix that I have heard of. Sorry!
Joe

Definately try the suggestion above. Also make sure you have the latest software in your predator. They may have an update for something like that

Kevin

what about htt dual feed line its suppose to cut rail pressure in half and add hp dont know if it would add hp but he rail pressure thing sounds just what you need

I run a dual feed line and I dont think it will help in this situation.. I definately think that running the predator in the stacking mode instead of the other mode will help the most,, I dont think that he is past what the stock cp3 will do

Kevin

I used to run this stack, thats one of the reasons that I know if you are not running the stack tune to not turn on the Puck. :badidea:

When my setup arrived it didn't have any of the stack tunes loaded. I spoke w/ Diablosport n they said to go buy a cable and download them, just never got around to it. I know there is a software upgrade that just dropped. The truck is pretty strong like it is, I just hate that the RPM's go up when I let off the throttle. I'll download the new software n tunes when I get home, kinda stuck in Iraq at the moment. Thanks for the help. Any ideas what I should do next for more power?

when you get that problem fixed, then you'll have a problem with your rail draining quickly.. or maybe that was just my old POS truck.. who knows?

When my setup arrived it didn't have any of the stack tunes loaded. I spoke w/ Diablosport n they said to go buy a cable and download them, just never got around to it. I know there is a software upgrade that just dropped. The truck is pretty strong like it is, I just hate that the RPM's go up when I let off the throttle. I'll download the new software n tunes when I get home, kinda stuck in Iraq at the moment. Thanks for the help. Any ideas what I should do next for more power?

I thought the same thing, then I was updating my program on the Predator and suddenly there was stack tunes. The Predator can see if you have the Puck installed or not, so it will not give you a stack tune option. Try checking it out again, you might be suprised.

I've switched between the extreme and other programs a couple times, but there has never been a stack tune. I'm hoping I can update all of that w the software update. We'll see.

your rail pressure is out the roof! its that predator thats what it does to makes its power. just be careful that kind of rail pressure can crack an injector tip in no time.

So, I guess that the truck has 375,000 miles is actually a good thing? everything is quite well broken-in.

I have run the Predator puck combo for 2 years now..... The rpm climb is a timing issue. It works well when racing as it keeps the rpms up holds the boost better while shifting gears. (this was not designed for that, it has to do with taking the load off the engine when you press the clutch in.) If you are not comfortable with the RPM climb, you need to DL the RKL tunes and run the stack w/o timing.

I recently upgraded to the new extreme puck and it kiss a$$! I cant wait to see the new dyno numbers.

I haven't had any surging probs, and this thing is consistently pulling bottom 15's at 93mph, even with the 22" Alcoa's and a stock clutch. I can't get it out the hole very good at all, the best 60' I've had was a high 2.3. I think the clutch will help out alot here. I just hate to lose the power it is making. What's the difference between the old and new pucks?

I haven't had any surging probs, and this thing is consistently pulling bottom 15's at 93mph, even with the 22" Alcoa's and a stock clutch. I can't get it out the hole very good at all, the best 60' I've had was a high 2.3. I think the clutch will help out alot here. I just hate to lose the power it is making. What's the difference between the old and new pucks?

The new puck makes way more power (seat of the pants dyno) and it has an in-cab adjustable knob, 0-100 HP on the fly......

I set the cruise control at 80 mph with it on zero and turned it up and the speedo went up 3mph..........

The new puck makes way more power (seat of the pants dyno) and it has an in-cab adjustable knob, 0-100 HP on the fly......

I set the cruise control at 80 mph with it on zero and turned it up and the speedo went up 3mph..........

Nice! I gotta get some of this other stuff ironed-out, but I'm looking for more power as well. You recommend anyone on here that sells Southbend Clutches? I need to scoop one up, but I wanted to buy a couple other things at the same time.