puking again...

barry1me

alright everything was good for about 4 months. Not sure why this thing started puking but it did. I had the headgaskets, OE headstuds, and new egr cooler replaced4 months ago, and all was dandy. At the time I didnt know about the ARP head studs or I would have surely paid for those to be installed. I welded the EGR uppipe shut a few months ago just because I wanted to take a precaution...still good. This week it started puking. I didnt pull anything, I didnt drive it different then any other time... I dont get it. What do you guys think?

If you had stock headbolts reinstalled, you might have blown the gaskets again.

doubtful..its only been four months..

how many miles have you put on it in four months?

Abrannan19 said:
doubtful..its only been four months..

how many miles have you put on it in four months?

right around 5K miles. First Head gaskets made it 83K. Now Im afraid to take it to the dealership cuz I have a turbo back exhaust, and intake. Im worried they may not warranty it.

I would put it back stock..take it back..SOON..you are getting close to that 100K..my guess is oil cooler..they get clogged when the headgaskets blow and they should be replaced when they gaskets are replaced

True not many miles on it, but you can pop a gasket at 1 mile if they didn't torque it down right. Not trying to be the pessimist, its probably something completely different.

Dalpilot said:
True not many miles on it, but you can pop a gasket at 1 mile if they didn't torque it down right. Not trying to be the pessimist, its probably something completely different.

you sir are 100% correct..anything ANYTHING is possible..

Abrannan19 said:
you sir are 100% correct..anything ANYTHING is possible..

do you think the dealership will give me a hard time if the head gaskets are going bad again? Im just worried they wont cover it under warranty. I just had it to them a few weeks ago for a blown flex on the up pipe. They were cool about me having an exhaust and intake on it, but I dont want to push my luck.

no..the problem is more then likely from them..they need to hook it up to the computer and test drive it to see what the oil temp is..it should be approx. 10 degrees cooler then your coolant..BEFORE they replace headgaskets they are supposed to replace the EGR and OIL cooler. so thats why I am saying its their fault.. check you paperwork from when the gaskets were done and see if the oil cooler is on the list just to be sure.

^^good info im about to have studs installed and didnt know that they should change the 2 coolers out also.

Im going to ask for a new turbo to.LOL

Abrannan19 said:
no..the problem is more then likely from them..they need to hook it up to the computer and test drive it to see what the oil temp is..it should be approx. 10 degrees cooler then your coolant..BEFORE they replace headgaskets they are supposed to replace the EGR and OIL cooler. so thats why I am saying its their fault.. check you paperwork from when the gaskets were done and see if the oil cooler is on the list just to be sure.

thanks thats great info. Im pretty sure I didnt see that on the work request. I will check tonight to see if they replaced it. I can tell you for a fact my oil temps are always much hotter then the coolant temp. I was under the assumption that its normal to have higher oil temps then coolant temperature!?

This was in July when I was towing the jeep
DSC01329.jpg

Abrannan19 said:
no..the problem is more then likely from them..they need to hook it up to the computer and test drive it to see what the oil temp is..it should be approx. 10 degrees cooler then your coolant..

When up to operating temps my oil temp is always around 5-10 degrees warmer than my coolant temp... If the oil actually was cooler than the coolant it wouldn't be an oil cooler, it would be an oil heater... The warmest I have ever seen my oil temp is 210, and that was towing 12000lbs in 105 degree heat.

Yours oil temp is way hotter than the coolant though, I would say you most likely have found the issue...

Barry,
Now would be a good time to put an aftermarket turbo on....Oh wait a minute. We already did last Friday night and got it done at 3am:bang

Robts said:
Barry,
Now would be a good time to put an aftermarket turbo on....Oh wait a minute. We already did last Friday night and got it done at 3am:bang

lol yeah no kidding...thanks again for you help man! To bad now I have to take it all off to take it in to the dealership. BTW I called LIPD 3 times yesterday and left a voicemail....still awaiting a call. Not to impressed with there lack of Quality control when they send out a turbo ( all of thebolts loose on compressor...nut missing on the clamp that holds the turbo together...turbo wouldnt fit into the pedistal) and now there customer service isnt looking to great either. Also remember that hissing noise we heard, on top of that squealing noise...yeah im about 99% sure its the flex on my Y collector that blew out, I noticed some soot around the bellows on the passenger side split! :doh:

I am sorry to misinform you..mine is slightly different..my EGR cooler is completly gone.. and my temp probe is right at where it comes out of the intake to the oil cooler..so for me its like I said..for a truck that still has the cooler Shadow..you are correct.

barry1me said:
lol yeah no kidding...thanks again for you help man! To bad now I have to take it all off to take it in to the dealership. BTW I called LIPD 3 times yesterday and left a voicemail....still awaiting a call. Not to impressed with there lack of Quality control when they send out a turbo ( all of thebolts loose on compressor...nut missing on the clamp that holds the turbo together...turbo wouldnt fit into the pedistal) and now there customer service isnt looking to great either. Also remember that hissing noise we heard, on top of that squealing noise...yeah im about 99% sure its the flex on my Y collector that blew out, I noticed some soot around the bellows on the passenger side split! :doh:

You guys didn't have a problem calling me at midnight. THANKS ROB. :kick:
I personally think you guys were drinking and lost all the bolts. Barry, If the oil temp is 240 and the coolant is 200 you have a problem. You would benefit from having the oil cooler being able to do its job.