pull/drag/toy truck build

olegreen95

started as a 95 and with fuel upgrades and nitrous ran 12.70's was getting rust badly and finally overspun the charger and cracked the head on all 6 exhaust ears after 40 bottles so decided to start from the bottom and work my way up it will be a 13mm ii pump, single charger for now, a couple stages of nitrous, custom water to air intercooler, custom cam, etc. should be around 1000 hp (thats the goal)
tblair2.jpg

DSCN0886.jpg

DSCN0889.jpg

DSCN0902.jpg

DSCN0920.jpg

frame was boxed in 3/8 in the center and 1/4 in the back section then it was powdercoated
DSCN1003.jpg

DSCN0983.jpg

DSCN0994.jpg

got a better cab, doors, bed,hood, fenders got a sport grille bumpers and lights out nof a 99
DSCN1020.jpg

DSCN1031.jpg

the color is deep water blue its new for 09 chrysler prod. and got 99 interior
DSCN1037.jpg

DSCN1041-1.jpg

tn.jpg

DSCN1048.jpg

DSCN1059-1.jpg

the body is almost done so its time to start on the engine should be done by fall time hopefully be able to come out and play with some of the bigger trucks

Are you going to keep the 5spd? I'd like to see this truck at kilkare this year!

Love this build, I want to do the same some day from the ground up. Good luck! Looking great so far!

Man!.. sure is lookin good.. Im workin on a similar project puller.. ground up build.. but i think im gonna hang a 3rd Gen body on it..

thanks, the 5sp will stay in there at least for awhile the plan is to leave in 3rd gear at the dragstrip and hopefully just have to shift to 4th and make it to the big end that should save on the tranny some and hopefully not lose too much time, i know i added some weight around 150 lbs but i also took out alot so hopefully it will be around 6500 lbs where it was before, if not i can always add alittle more nitrous

sweet build! Get that baby done and make a visit to the keystone indoor nationals at harrisburg Pa!

thanks, the 5sp will stay in there at least for awhile the plan is to leave in 3rd gear at the dragstrip and hopefully just have to shift to 4th and make it to the big end that should save on the tranny some and hopefully not lose too much time, i know i added some weight around 150 lbs but i also took out alot so hopefully it will be around 6500 lbs where it was before, if not i can always add alittle more nitrous

:clap:for keep the 5spd.:rockwoot: What was your trap speed and hp when you ran the 12.70? How much nitrous were you running?

yeah, looking forward to maybe seing you at kilkare this year. always nice having more diesles.

trap speed was 113mph not sure how much hp i dynoed the truck on motor it made 380hp&1097ftlbs on a dyno dynamics loaded dyno, whenever i sprayed it would spin the tires badly it went to 415hp & 1400ftlbsthis was with two stages of nitrous a 120jet in each stage, both with there own bottle and #6 feed line would prob guess 250 to 300 hp worth of nitrous and 6to700hpworth of motor(only a educated guess) never got a accurate dyno reading with the spray this is all with the stock turbo and long block it will deffently be out to kill-kare to play:rockwoot:

3.55's, 33 inch tires, 4,800rpm, 6500lbs should be close to the finish line at 1000 hp caculates out to 135 mph in 4th (obviously not real world conditions) dont know if it will do it but worth a try

are you going to put a load brake on the truck? how do you plan to spool a big single with a 5 speed without budging the truck, progressive nitrous controller?