pullin rules

oil-burner

looking at some of the local pullin rules, one rule states that if no muffler is used it is required to install cross-bolts nearest to the charger. also they suggest a air shut off valve w/ a 2-inch dia steel ring.

i think i understand them, but please comment.

thanks, scot

The cross bolts are to catch fragments of an exploding turbo. Not that I think it would make it all the way out the tail pipe. I have seen the compressor wheel and shaft shoot out of the front of the turbo and roll around on the ground. Air shut off seems weird to me. I can understand fuel cut off.

Smokin Monster said:
The cross bolts are to catch fragments of an exploding turbo. Not that I think it would make it all the way out the tail pipe. I have seen the compressor wheel and shaft shoot out of the front of the turbo and roll around on the ground. Air shut off seems weird to me. I can understand fuel cut off.

An air shut-off will kill the engine where a fuel shut off will only stop the fuel.....if you blow your turbo the engine can feed on the oil.

That makes a little more sense. I thought the fuel shut off would do a better job of killing the engine. But I don't have either kill switch this is just me thinking and we all know what that can lead to!:confused: